Dynaudio fans...

manicm

(Encore) My good friend who's now a Dynaudio distributor in my country has invited me to an audition of the new Evidence Platiinum speaker at his home tomorrow. Will report back with pics and story!

John Duncan

Not sure Mrs JD would allow them in the house.

DYN_Evidence_Platinum_rosewood.jpg

A

Anonymous

CnoEvil said:
Look forward to the "goss".......including the system details (and any interesting cables. :shifty: )

Wouldn't bell wire do ;)

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Would like to have a listen of the Contour or Confidence line, only heard the DM, Excite and Focus and loved them all!!!

The Contour S1.4 are superb standmounts. Heard them with a Naim XS amp. TBH the Naim or Leema Pulse would be the starting point for those speakers IMO. And you'll need oodles of space - they're big.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Would like to have a listen of the Contour or Confidence line, only heard the DM, Excite and Focus and loved them all!!!

The Contour S1.4 are superb standmounts. Heard them with a Naim XS amp. TBH the Naim or Leema Pulse would be the starting point for those speakers IMO. And you'll need oodles of space - they're big.

At that level I think you should feed them with a pre/power combo. And Dynaudio speakers shine "brighter" with that kind of amplification...

manicm

Ok here goes. They sounded brilliant, but then at this level I'd know absolutely nothing about hifi, the speaker being the price of a good sports car. Huge soundstage, but I think they could have done better, 3 things:

1. I think the rather restricted private home cinema didn't do them any favours - I suspect more spacious surroundings would have been more revealing, higher ceilings especially.

2. My friend, for whatever reason, didn't want to remove the top and bottom grills as much as I tried persuading him.

3. He used rather esoteric amplification - as you'll see in the pics - Valve Audio - on the left hand side.

Further info - the source he used was a gigantic Wadia CD player - with a price tag to match probably.

The other bits in-between are various Krell amplification - again huge stuff!

<Help> Cannot insert pics, can someone help me?

Larry

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I think I heard Dyn Evidence Platinum last year at an audioshow with some Chord gear. I was both impressed and disapointed. Big sound stage, realatively deep but not lifelike. For setup costing over 110.000 £ I was disapointed that it was not out of this world. For that kind of money I want to be in audio pradise. Of cause better matched gear or bad acoustics could have played a role here, but I would spend half that money on a cool sportscar and half on some "cheaper" HI-FI. Later on that show I heard the Dyn XEO 3 active speakers, they were much more impressive because I didn`t expect them to be that good. Very nice tuning between amp and speaker, small and for some a bit expensive speaker. I have the Dyn Focus 140 on my desk, gives big bass, airy and smooth sounding. I have added some Nordost Blue Heaven LS speaker cables to get more clear and fast sound, works fine with my Rega Brio-R. Have not heard the "new" Focus 160, so can´t comment on them, but should be a step up in clearity and bass. My Focus 140 have super nice real rosewood cabinet, so thats a bonus that they look beautiful too.

manicm

I was also not blown away as I had expected to be, at this level. But it could have been down to the amplification and/or surroundings. If I had that sort of money to blow I would not have been convinced.

I'm aching to hear KEF Muons.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts