admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have just pulled out a old toshiba dvda player and some old dvdaudio discs that i found at the back of the cuboard plugged it into my musical fidelity x-dac v3 and boy is it singing ,,ive been listing to timeagain david sanborn at 96khz/24bit stereo and some some talking heads cd and dvda in hi res stereo , this old dvda player is really good as a transport for the dac, better than marantz cd i was using so if you are using a dac. try any digital output availible to find the best sounding output you may be suprised ,- tell me why did they let dvdaudio die as a format as it was really top notch as a music carrier.

T

the record spot

Usual story, record labels didn't support the format, bad marketing, rival hi-res formats (with SACD), manufacturers unwilling to support the format, the buying public not fully aware of the benefits, unwilling to spend more money on more hardware....take your pick from those.

T

the record spot

DistortedVision:The biggest problem with DVD-A was that it was a complete lottery with sample rates - is it going to be 24/48 or 24/192. Also another drawback compared to SACD was that it required a TV.

Forgot that too - I bought the Talking Heads remixed Remain in Light to try out DVD-A. Pressed play on the player. Nothing happened. Looked at remote. Looked puzzled. Switched the telly on. Ahhhhh......oh come on!

A

Anonymous

yes you needed a tv to navigate the disc menu but they never gave the format time to evolve if they did i am sure they would have overcome this tv problem , but the sound to me was more important and it was better than cd . and had option of surround as well . i found sacd to laid back compared to dvda.

TRENDING THREADS