DVD Upscaling: Oppo BDP-103 vs. Sony BDP-790 (vs. Sony HX850 Tv) ??

AndrewFG

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I just bought a Sony 46HX850 Tv and am investigating what Blu-Ray player I should buy in order to do 3d.

My current Blu-Ray player is an Oppo BDP-83. The main reason why I bought the Oppo it was its superior DVD->HD upscaling compared to what my old Tv could do. I don't want to take any backwards steps as far as DVD image quality is concerned, so I am now considering to buy the Oppo BDP-103 for 3d plus DVD->HD upscaling with my new Tv

But I wonder if the 46HX850 Tv might now itself be a good enough DVD upscaler in its own right, and thus eliminating any need for good upscaling performance in the player? Or alternatively, I wonder if the Sony BDP-790 player has DVD->HD upscaling at the same level as my old Oppo BDP-83 had?

As mentioned before, I don't want to take any backwards steps in DVD image quality...

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
The more I think about it, the more tempted I am by the Oppo 103.

Sale of Denon 2500BT + Panasonic 120EB + Acoustic Energy Radiance subwoofer I never use should cover most of the the Oppo's cost.

I'd also be decluttering in the process.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
It is, but as I currently live in a flat, I can't use the subwoofer without seriously upsetting the neighbours below (who are perfectly reasonable people I've no wish to upset). It's sitting here idle, which is why I've been contemplating selling it for a while.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts