DTS vs DTS-HD and TRUE-HD

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
don't have much practice and knowledge about HD sound,but today I got remembered that DTS sound is always a bit low on volume compared to normal stereo.I just keep cranking the volume up on the amp. Does HD sound have the same level of volume or it will sound louder at the same mark on the volume knob compared to DTS?

A

Anonymous

I find DTS HD Master Audio Very loud much better than TRUE-HD but other people may disagree

Find True HD dialogue more clearer

Though most of my 56 blu ray dvds are in DTS HD MA

have the odd TRUE HD such as the new star trek film

A

Anonymous

Here's a link on this very site about various types of audio streams:

http://community.whathifi.com/blogs/home-cinema/archive/2009/12/04/the-art-of-noise-high-definition-sound-explained.aspx

This will help you!

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
"Whatever the theory, the key point is that most Blu-ray film soundtracks are far more dynamic and spacious than DVD equivalents. And if you're thinking, 'That's fine, but I won't hear any difference on my set-up at home', you'd be wrong. "

"Even through a TV set, Blu-ray sounds crisper, while through a proper home cinema system, the sonic advantages are instant - you'll be hearing more of the real-deal Hollywood experience than ever."

If more dynamic means louder than DTS from dvd...my question is answered.thx.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
ear:If more dynamic means louder than DTS from dvd...my question is answered.thx.

No, it means the difference between the quiet parts and the loud parts is greater, so, in order to hear the quiet parts you tend to turn it up more, which makes the loud parts seem louder.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
ear:say volume to hear speach at normal levels.DTS vs HD sound.volume knob on 50%.wich will sound louder?

It's impossible to say as it'll depend largely on how each soundtrack has been mastered and the levels that the mixing engineer has decided to use. If you get them both to a point where the speech sound the same volume then the noisy bits on an HD soundtrack will probably sound louder, which is something a lot of people complain about because they have to turn the sound up to hear the quiet bits then turn it down again when things get loud. I've never had this problem myself though to be honest.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts