dowloading music from net - best done wirelessly or wired?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I'm new to the world of downloading music.I'm want to start downloading music onto my PC which normally communicates with the modem wirelessly. There is of course the option to hardwire it to the modem.

Do both methods work as well as each other for downloading music or is it better done wired? I'm thinking about data loss over a wireless link.

Any tips for get the most complete files would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Andrew

A

Anonymous

In terms of computer networking there is no difference between wired and wireless. Computer data can be resent if not received properly, so you are guaranteed a good copy of the file.

In tems of playing music generally this is fine too, but interference can make a bit of a difference, this means playback glitches.

Download over wireless as much as you like, I've downloaded multi-gigabyte files over wireless, it is fine

ClarkNovember

May 24, 2009
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Your average wireless connection (54meg) is usually quite a bit faster than your average broadband internet connection (2meg)...

If you are downloading from the internet, the speed will be limited by your broadband connection speed rather than your wireless network speed. Or am I missing something?

John Duncan

ClarkNovember:
JohnDuncan:Your average wireless connection (54meg) is usually quite a bit faster than your average broadband internet connection (2meg)...

If you are downloading from the internet, the speed will be limited by your broadband connection speed rather than your wireless network speed. Or am I missing something?

No, that's exactly what I mean.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts