Dolby TrueHD problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anybody know the settings to get Dolby TrueHD when using a Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu ray player, and an Onkyo TX-SR 605 receiver? Have tried all manner of configurations, but can only get Dolby D 5.1.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Forgive the obvious question, but there is a Dolby True HD mix on the Blu-ray you're playing, and you have selected that option on the film's set-up menu?

A

Anonymous

Yes, the film in question is Cars. It says on the back it is Dolby TrueHD, and whilst playing the disc the audio selection on the blu ray player gives a choice of Dolby TrueHD or Multi Channel.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I have the same set up myself (only installed it yesterday) and had exactly the same problem.This was using the copy of 'cars' that came free with the Panasonic.

However when I tried a different Blu ray disc (Resident Evil 3) is recognised Dolby True HD without any problems at all.

Could it be the discs?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It's possible for the producers of the disc to mandate that the decoding of the soundtrack happens inside the player, rather than a raw datastream being output to a receiver or other offboard decoder. In that case you'd 'only' get Linear PCM out of the player, which is not exactly a hardship in qualitative terms.

It's an anti-piracy thing, you see...

TRENDING THREADS