Does the What Hifi Team not love..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
German speakers/brands for that matter, or aren't products being offered for review that much? Elac, Magnat, Canton among others don't get much mention in the magazine or this forum for that matter, while they all make some very fine speakers.

Is there any outside chance that What Hifi will be reviewing the Magnat Quantum 705 or Canton Chrono 507/Ergo 607 anytime soon? I've been eyeing them for a while now, and I love what I've heard.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Jan Hibma:German speakers/brands for that matter, or aren't products being offered for review that much? Elac, Magnat, Canton among others don't get much mention in the magazine or this forum for that matter, while they all make some very fine speakers.

Is there any outside chance that What Hifi will be reviewing the Magnat Quantum 705 or Canton Chrono 507/Ergo 607 anytime soon? I've been eyeing them for a while now, and I love what I've heard.
I imagine it is something to do with a lack of UK dealers...

A

Anonymous

Jan Hibma:German speakers/brands for that matter, or aren't products being offered for review that much? Elac, Magnat, Canton among others don't get much mention in the magazine or this forum for that matter, while they all make some very fine speakers.

dont forget T+A! producers of seriously decent speakers and high end components.

T

the record spot

T+A used to get a lot of coverage in the mag a decade or so back - well regarded too. Same could be said of McIntosh. However, did the Temptations section cover the MT-10 some time ago?

I'd also like to see a review, or a feature piece, of some of the new clutch of electronics, not least amps and CD players, coming out of the PRC. Not western brands, but those names that are now appearing on the heels of Eastern Electric, Qinpu etc, we just don't see over here.

There's a whole load of gear out there that's worth more than a second glance and although not available in the UK, I think an article would be of interest to hi-fi or hardware fans in general.

A

Anonymous

Hi people,

Was lucky enough to win in OZ the Qinpu MkII 1000 amp and Shanling CD80T and some $8k custom Aslan Miinstral speakers -sound is so sweet the Qinpu has power to burn from 1/3 volume.....The CD80T tubes still need about 200 hours to burn in apparently. Looking foward to the tube & op amp upgrade.

You do not know what you are missing hear in OZ ! Check out the aslanacoustics.com.au website for Andrews R1 speakers.. who said we are just convicts living in a penal colony. Life cannot be too bad in the sun breaking rocks

A

Anonymous

By the way,

Just put in an order for a Shanling MC 3000. CD player, I pod dock and FM radio with 3 line inputs. 60 watts a channel. Gfreat for the Billiard room.

Demo was so good with locally made $2500 speakers. Always check if locals can do great stuff too (craps on B&W same size & price).

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
the record spot:I'd also like to see a review, or a feature piece, of some of the new clutch of electronics, not least amps and CD players, coming out of the PRC. Not western brands, but those names that are now appearing on the heels of Eastern Electric, Qinpu etc, we just don't see over here.

There's a whole load of gear out there that's worth more than a second glance and although not available in the UK, I think an article would be of interest to hi-fi or hardware fans in general.

That's just what our colleagues over at What Hi-fi? Sound and Vision China are, naturally, covering! I'll see if there's anything we can translate and include on the site....

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
the record spot:I'd also like to see a review, or a feature piece, of some of the new clutch of electronics, not least amps and CD players, coming out of the PRC. Not western brands, but those names that are now appearing on the heels of Eastern Electric, Qinpu etc, we just don't see over here.

That's just what our colleagues over at What Hi-fi? Sound and Vision China are, naturally, covering! I'll see if there's anything we can translate and include on the site....

Of course any good review will start a spate of slightly dubious 'gift' orders from ebay ;)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site

No issue with German kit, I assure you, other than that of availability. We've covered quite a lot of Canton, for example, and Andrew and I talked to many of the manufacturers at the Munich hi-fi show about review kit.

A

Anonymous

While there's no availability at the moment, it could be interesting to see if demand drives supply. If there are more reviews of unavailable kit (just one per issue would be great), and people start desiring this kit, then dealers will be more inclined to supply them.

I often wonder what American kit is like. I occasionally read about it, on websites like Stereophile and diyAudio, but otherwise it's an unknown. It's a big country full of enterprising people - surely there must be hundreds of hi-fi producers there?

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
It would be great if WH could review some german speakers, like the Elac BS63. They are getting very good reviews in german magazines.

elacbs63_l.jpg

T

the record spot

Clare Newsome:

That'd be great if you could thanks Clare - I know brands like Shanling, Jolida, Consonance and Melody are becoming more prolific here, but Yaqin, Cayin and a few others look to be coming up with some really impressive looking gear.

If you can't have it translated, there's always the "Ask JD" thread...!
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts