Do these people live in the real world?

Watched a recording of Great British Budget Menu. Richard Corrigan, Angela Hartnett and James Martin were set a task of living with a family each for a couple of days and to try and cook a wholesome meal based on each families budget. I found it quite depressing.

The celebrity chefs turned up at these houses in their blacked out BMWs and People carriers trying and failing miserably to be sympathetic and convincing. None of them stuck to their respective budgets. At the end they had a celebrity cook-off; the guests were high profile people. Even worse they tried to interrogate politicians and supermarket managers in how they could help the down and outs of society. As if the manager of Morrisons gives a toss! The whole thing was a bloody circus!

Really wish someone with these people's hardships could help out. Wasn't too long ago we were in a similar situation. "Have you tried Parmesan with that?" Corrigan spurted out.

Although I'm a qualified cook. That's not strictly true: I have an NVQ from 20-odd years ago. That's like saying "I'm military trained. Here's my scout badge..."

Just wish the BBC could make a real in-depth doc on these people who need help from people who've received that help.

Whinge over. |( |( |(

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
The BBC has become a bit of a soap opera of late, or maybe im just getting old. As usual, proper television is usually supplied by Channel 4. Not sure if you saw the "Skint" documentary on Channel 4. Pretty compelling stuff.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Well James Martin apparently spent well into 6 figures getting his maserati engine rebuilt and it didn't last a week before blowing up. I never heard the outcome of that but it may suggest that, no, they haven't the faintest idea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts