John Duncan

al7478:
JohnDuncan:Should've got some ADM9.1s.

Ah, wise words.

wisdom_and_lies.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Having been to several Russian hi-fi shops, i'd say this is quite a modest system compared to some the dealers were banging out....

And yes, it looks like a Naim player to me!

John Duncan

Though you're right - it looks pucked and he's holding that drawer in that way that you do. And of course, if you're the leader of the Russian Federation, having the display changed to red would seem the obvious thing to do...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sizzers:Do (can?) Russian's make hifi gear?

Some small high-end companies, but you really should experience the Moscow Hi-Fi Show - systems and dems to put our efforts to shame...

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

Some small high-end companies, but you really should experience the Moscow Hi-Fi Show - systems and dems to put our efforts to shame...

Any views on their sound/quality etc? They used to have a stab at making cars once, but not very well if I remember.

daveh75

Sizzers:Andrew Everard:

They used to have a stab at making cars once, but not very well if I remember.So did we...

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:Sizzers:Andrew Everard:

They used to have a stab at making cars once, but not very well if I remember.So did we...

Aaah, the days of British Leyland. Happy days!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Local stuff not a clue, but systems you wouldn't believe from UK/European/US high end companies.

And most of the cars seemed to be US/European, some still on the plates of countries from which they were 'acquired'.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Russians tend to go into extremes once they get intosomething. Drinking, driving, trying communism, fighting a war, buying HiFi...
emotion-2.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
More bling than budget, and a distributor who allegedly offered to cut a hole in the ice in the river and drop me through thanks to a bad review of a product in the magazine. Suffice it to say the WHFSV ad manager of the time was freaked, went in search of a quieter life, and is now running a major hi-fi/home cinema brand's UK operation.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Nope - suffice it to say not a UK brand, and I only heard the full story some months later. But then at the time was frazzled from having done a two-hour translated Q&A session with hundreds of Russian punters, so probably best I didn't know at the time.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:More bling than budget, and a distributor who allegedly offered to cut a hole in the ice in the river and drop me through thanks to a bad review of a product in the magazine. Suffice it to say the WHFSV ad manager of the time was freaked, went in search of a quieter life, and is now running a major hi-fi/home cinema brand's UK operation.

Ah, happy memories
emotion-2.gif

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Andrew Everard:More bling than budget, and a distributor who allegedly offered to cut a hole in the ice in the river and drop me through thanks to a bad review of a product in the magazine. Suffice it to say the WHFSV ad manager of the time was freaked, went in search of a quieter life, and is now running a major hi-fi/home cinema brand's UK operation.

that may have been just an offer of friendly bonding. Russians swim in ice holes for fun and and it is considered super healthy.
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts