DIY rack tips / tricks / designs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
looking at building a new hifi rack and av cabinet soon.

the av cabinet is pretty much set to go i've come up with quite a cool zen looking cabinet design, however i would like to hear any ideas for cost effective sound dampening materials.

more for the hi fi rack then anything. any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated

idc

Solid with good ventilation is the main attributes that you need. I would look at the various isolation platforms, spikes and supports you can get off the likes of ebay. See which ones you like the look of and are in budget. Granite place mats are regularly seen between equipment and shelves.

michael hoy

Peter Foate:
looking at building a new hifi rack and av cabinet soon.

the av cabinet is pretty much set to go i've come up with quite a cool zen looking cabinet design, however i would like to hear any ideas for cost effective sound dampening materials.

more for the hi fi rack then anything. any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated

Hi Peter,

I built my own AV cabinet about 2 yrs ago.

It is made from 19mm veneered MDF, with the middle and top section double up to 38mm, it has 19mm veneered shelves all finished of with solid maple edging.

I use 'polypods' see here under my Sky box and Blu Ray player to dampen any vibration, they come in various sizes.

Cost me about £600.00 in materials, but to have one made was nearly £2000.00.

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/www.customdesign.co.uk www.customdesign.co.uk people supply very nice HiFi racks, the Milan range is my next thought.

TRENDING THREADS