Digital switch box

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

For my new set-up, I need some sort of digital pre-amp. That is: multiple digital ins and one digital out (preferably over RCA). And it needs to be remote controlled. So no need for a DAC-section, volume control, EQ, sub-out or what have you. Just a digital switch-box with RC, basically. With as small a footprint as possible, and as little power consumption (and thus heat production) as possible.

Yamaha's WXC-50 would do what I need (and a lot more than that) -- thanks, lvp, for bringing it to my attention! Any alternatives?

EDIT: Oops, had a closer look at the Yammy, and it lacks the necessary digital inputs... Anything else that ticks my boxes?

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
DocG said:
Hi all,

For my new set-up, I need some sort of digital pre-amp. That is: multiple digital ins and one digital out (preferably over RCA). And it needs to be remote controlled. So no need for a DAC-section, volume control, EQ, sub-out or what have you. Just a digital switch-box with RC, basically. With as small a footprint as possible, and as little power consumption (and thus heat production) as possible.

Yamaha's WXC-50 would do what I need (and a lot more than that) -- thanks, lvp, for bringing it to my attention! Any alternatives?

EDIT: Oops, had a closer look at the Yammy, and it lacks the necessary digital inputs... Anything else that ticks my boxes?

Are there any AV processors that you have looked at? I think the Nuforce AVP-18 might well fit the bill and give you HDMI capability as well.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
tino said:
DocG said:
Hi all,

Are there any AV processors that you have looked at? I think the Nuforce AVP-18 might well fit the bill and give you HDMI capability as well.

Hi tino,

This particular model seems not to have a SPDIF out, only HDMI and analogue, an issue I noticed in many an AVR...

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
My good, old Dacmagic could do the job. But no remote! Maybe I should look into DACs (which is somewhat silly cos I don't need the DAC-section...).

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
DocG said:
Christophe Saelens said:
This seems to fit your desciption, though it only has optical out...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/401139541554

Yes, Christophe. That's what I mean! A pity I need the output to be SPDIF over coax, not optical... Otherwise, would've been perfect!

Just trow in one of these and you're good to go:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/POF-830-Optical-Coaxial-Converter-Optical/dp/B0015LNV2M

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Christophe Saelens said:
DocG said:
Christophe Saelens said:
This seems to fit your desciption, though it only has optical out...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/401139541554

Yes, Christophe. That's what I mean! A pity I need the output to be SPDIF over coax, not optical... Otherwise, would've been perfect!

Just trow in one of these and you're good to go:

this device. Does what I need. Not too expensive. But only available in the US, it seems (so must take taxes, shipping, ... into account). I think I'm getting there!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts