Digital Direct........anyone else had shocking service from them?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
My God. I need to vent some anger!!!!!!! I have waited over a month for a new cd player and booked today off for it to be delivered. What a waste of time. Digital Direct could not organise the proverbial beerfest in public house. It is now due to be delivered on Monday. Monday of course is one of those days when me and the missus go to work, to pay for our hifi equipment. The courier company doesn't deliver on Saturdays. Basically I have to wait until next Saturday now and travel to the nearest branch, conveniently a half hours drive away! All of this because arranging a specified date for delivery after three phone calls was too much for the idiots of Digital Direct. Please be aware of this company. Come on help me make them bankrupt!!!!!!!!

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Thing is, any conpany can have one off problems what's of greater concern is of it happens regularly.
In November I ordereed some Sony Hi-Fi for a friend that I have been trying to convince to go the seperates route for years.
Two sites were involved
Total Digital, who stated everything was in stock and then 14days later said "oh no it isn't", then took another week to refund his money

Superfi, who took the order, took the money and the following day said your credit card has been refused, he phoned the bank who said - never had a request for it.

Result: he gave up, swore off seperates and went to Currys

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I know what you are saying Gwyndy but I am so cheesed off. I bought a small Sony LCD from Digital Direct when I place the order for my Pioneer PD-D6-J. They were both "in stock". The tv came within a couple of days and then I got an email saying that Pioneer make the cdp to order and it would be 4 weeks. I wasn't that bothered as I had not bought my speakers at that point and my rack was being built. However, when all is now installed and running, courtesy of my Denon dvd player and I arrange a date for delivery, I expect for it to be delivered. I've just got off the phone from City Link. They have my cdp at there depot in Wimbledon now. However, I cannot go and collect it today because of "company procedure" and anyhow, they "do not have the resources". I asked for him to explain to me what that meant and he said that it was booked for Monday and is locked up with all the other Monday deliveries. There are 80 to 90 items and someone would have to look for it. He refused to give me his full name and basically didn't fancy doing a stroke of work today. I now have to wait until next Saturday and hope that protocol allows me my cdp!!

A

Anonymous

The joys of of buying online.I think i've been lucky never had any problems.Bought 2 32" LCD tv's, 2 laptops, dvd's, cd's and my girlf even got 6 pink wigs (pink gig last summer).

A

Anonymous

digital point from brum ? yes i got my 60in full hd LG tv from them great delivery paid extra for sat delivery struggled a bit gettin it in next day it broke down so called em and guy said if i wasent doin something right ie a false call out i would have to pay £200 collect and delivery charge but they also said they will bring another in case im right(i knew i was)
how long do you think it took them to turn up bearing in mind i live in tenby on west coast of wales?
the next day!!!!!!! so unfortunatly i dont share your bad experiance of digital point they were v good even tho 1st tv broke

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails. Are you able to recieve your delivery at workplace or can a neighbour take it for you? I used to deal with Target Express who are now part of City Link, they used to be able to redirect without too much difficulty.

Alternatively contact DigitalDirect and tell them what has happened and that you want a Nominated Delivery Time or Saturday delivery (City Link's website states they do a Saturday service) Free of Charge, if they refuse, threaten to cancel the order, it will cost them more in delivery charge for a non-sale then the cost of the service upgrade.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]They have my cdp at there depot in Wimbledon now. However, I cannot go and
collect it today because of "company procedure" and anyhow, they "do not have
the resources". [/quote]

when companies, or more likely lower level staff, pull that cr*p always ask to speak to a manager. it does not always work but worth a try!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I did try and was fobbed off with "he is in a managers meeting". This was at 5.15 on a Friday. I'm a manager and that does not happen in my world. Anyway, the plot thickened today. I've been ill over the weekend so was around today to pick up my new cdp. Opened the box and thought, that's not black! Looked at the box and saw that it was in fact GREY! My word, I was not best pleased. I called them and they didn't even apologise. A very strong letter will be winging their way! On their website they say black and I have to say I have a bone to pick with Clare and the team, in the mag they say one finish, BLACK. Back to the drawing board for me. Will probably have to go with the CD6002 instead. Save me some money but it wasn't my first choice.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]

On their website they say black and I have to say I have a bone to pick with Clare and the team, in the mag they say one finish, BLACK.

[/quote]

Er, there is only one finish for these Pioneers - at least in the UK - black!

The ones we've tested are certainly not grey (or
'titanium' as NAD and others would call it). OK, it's not the deepest,
glossiest black, either, but all our review pictures of the products
have clearly shown that, too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts