Difference between an Arcam Alpha 8 amp and an 8r

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all.

Currently bidding on an Arcam Alpha 8 amplifier on ebay, I know Arcam upgraded the 8 to an 8R which included a remote and an av processing switch but other than that can anyone comment on the difference in sound between the 2 units? I am upgrading from a Cambridge Audio 340aSE and any comments on the difference in sound would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Andy

A

Anonymous

Well the difference between the Cambridge amp you have and the Alpha 8 is that you'll find the 8 a lot smoother and warmer. I had one and found that I only really liked it when biamped with the 8P; the clarity, focus and bass tightness where considerably better.

A

Anonymous

One is remote and has more switching options. Other than that there are no differences. The Arcam is far better than the Cambridge as well.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
im not sure about the whole remote thing - i bought an alpha 8 as soon as they were released and it came with a remote - i thought the remote was the big selling point of the 8 over the 7.

A

Anonymous

I am actualy selling the Cambridge Audio 340aSE with a pair of Cambridge Audio S30 stand mount speakers for £150, bought last month from Richer Sounds with the receipt and with original boxes. I live in Leeds and can arrange delivery to anywhere in the uk.

Anyone interested can mail me at ford.andrew1@googlemail.com

A

Anonymous

Andy Ford:

I am actualy selling the Cambridge Audio 340aSE with a pair of Cambridge Audio S30 stand mount speakers for £150, bought last month from Richer Sounds with the receipt and with original boxes. I live in Leeds and can arrange delivery to anywhere in the uk.

Anyone interested can mail me at ford.andrew1@googlemail.com

Soliciting a sale is a breach of house rules.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts