Design classics.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Oh, I liked the other Meridians you posted, but those are too contrived for my taste.

Found the Braun:
4389706239_279bbae108.jpg

matthewpiano

MUSICRAFT said:
matthewpiano said:
41JU1TgWuML._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The Denon DM30. The unit that revolutionised quality compact hi-fi.

Hi matthewpiano

Have you changed your system? :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Without wanting to hi-jack the thread, yes. I'm taking a break. Sold everything (other than my Marantz CD63SE, Rotel '965BX and some speakers) and now using the Onkyo with a choice of the two speakers in my signature. It was getting ridiculous and I need to stand back from the whole thing a bit. I'm actually really enjoying the music (had this for a couple of weeks now) and focusing on that instead of the gear. It sounds surprisingly good and I have two quite different presentations to choose from too. To be honest, I can see myself sticking with something one-box even IF I eventually do decide to move back up the food chain. For now, I'm quite happy.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Without wanting to hi-jack the thread, yes. I'm taking a break.

It's my thread and you can hi-jack it Matthew. Good to see you back again.

matthewpiano said:
Sold everything and now using the Onkyo with a choice of the two speakers in my signature. It was getting ridiculous and I need to stand back from the whole thing a bit. I'm actually really enjoying the music (had this for a couple of weeks now) and focusing on that instead of the gear. It sounds surprisingly good and I have two quite different presentations to choose from too. To be honest, I can see myself sticking with something one-box even IF I eventually do decide to move back up the food chain. For now, I'm quite happy.

Similar here. Hence the new music-centre in my signature. I can't see myself ever going back to seperates again.

Paul.

Andrew Everard said:

There was a fantastic article on gizmodo which seems to have disappeared comparing the works of Jonathon Ive of Apple to Dieter Rams of Braun, the style and philosophy is increadibly similar. Ive is said to be a huge Rams fan.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Paul Hobbs said:
There was a fantastic article on gizmodo which seems to have disappeared comparing the works of Jonathon Ive of Apple to Dieter Rams of Braun, the style and philosophy is increadibly similar.

LINK REMOVED BY MODS - House Rules

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Sold everything...I'm actually really enjoying the music and focusing on that instead of the gear... For now, I'm quite happy.

Hmmm, I seem to recall you saying the same thing about three times in the past! You've certainly said, "this is it, I'm happy" at least twice that I can remember, perhaps you need to go cold turkey? Stop reading magazines and websites or anything that can give you another idea! If you don't know what's out there you can't be tempted.

Or spend every penny you earn on music so there's nothing left for buying gear.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
It's my thread and you can hi-jack it Matthew. Good to see you back again.

Hence the new music-centre in my signature. I can't see myself ever going back to seperates again.

Hi Chebby.. Repeating what Mattew has done.. I have a quick question.. off topic.

With Just CR603, how are you managing to get the mileage from watching movies.. at times, actually most of times, I miss the center channel of my previous 5.1 system. Now, either I have higher volumes to listen to the dialogues (which makes explosions really explode in my living room!) or I am struggling hard to listen. Would love to know if there is an innovative solution with out actually having a processor and centerl channel.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
WishTree said:
With Just CR603, how are you managing to get the mileage from watching movies.. at times, actually most of times, I miss the center channel of my previous 5.1 system.

Simple. I have never used a 5.1 system so I don't miss it.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
Paul Hobbs said:
There was a fantastic article on gizmodo which seems to have disappeared comparing the works of Jonathon Ive of Apple to Dieter Rams of Braun, the style and philosophy is increadibly similar.

LINK REMOVED BY MODS - House Rules

Oh well, I'm glad I caught it before the link disappeared. Good article. Worth doing a google search for it.

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Paul Hobbs said:
There was a fantastic article on gizmodo which seems to have disappeared comparing the works of Jonathon Ive of Apple to Dieter Rams of Braun, the style and philosophy is increadibly similar. Ive is said to be a huge Rams fan.
172_721-rams-ipods.jpg

That's one of the fascinating things about design. Not only how it is created but how it evolves.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts