Desert Island Discs...

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
I was thinking about this today - it must be the lockdown. Mine would change every day, but for now...

Goldie - Timeless
Oasis - Definitely Maybe
Prodigy - Experience

Reactions: Revolutions

podknocker

Mine would be the first Dire Straits album, released in 1978 The drums (Pick Withers) and twangy guitar work are superb and the production is spot on. Their first album is my favourite and has a very easy going sound and you can tell they had a great time making it. I do like the 'Brothers in Arms' album as a close second, with the sometimes crazy drums and even more crazy guitars, but it feels a bit 'clinical' and not because it was a DDD recording. It has immaculate production, but it's not as fun as their first album.

Reactions: Revolutions

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
The first dire straits album is a classic. I love how they were still a slightly prog blues band at that point.

Mine would undoubtedly be Pet Sounds.

To make it 8, if we’re doing an album version of the show:
2. Weezer- Blue album
3. REM- Automatic for the People
4. Paul Simon- Graceland
5. The Band- s/t
6. CSNY- Deja Vu
7. Nirvana- Insesticide
8. AFI- Black Sails in the Sunset

jeery111

Jan 9, 2024
Visit site
I was thinking about this today - it must be the lockdown. Mine would change every day, but for now...

Goldie - Timeless
Oasis - Definitely Maybe
Prodigy - Experience
Your selection for your Desert Island Discs reflects a diverse and iconic mix of albums! Each of them represents a different aspect of music, offering a blend of electronic, rock, and dance genres.
  • Goldie - Timeless:
    • A groundbreaking album in the world of electronic music, "Timeless" by Goldie is known for its fusion of jungle, ambient, and orchestral elements. A timeless choice indeed!
  • Oasis - Definitely Maybe:
    • A quintessential Britpop album, "Definitely Maybe" by Oasis is a landmark in the '90s music scene. With anthemic tracks and Liam Gallagher's distinctive vocals, it's a classic choice.
  • Prodigy - Experience:
    • "Experience" by The Prodigy is a pioneering electronic album that played a significant role in popularizing the rave and techno genres. Its energetic and innovative sound continues to resonate.
Your choices provide a glimpse into a rich and varied music taste. If you were on a desert island with these albums, at least you'd have a soundtrack that spans different moods and genres. If you ever feel like sharing, what prompted you to choose these specific albums for your Desert Island Discs today?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts