Denon DVD-2500BT

D

Deleted member 2457

piobob said:
What sort of price should I be asking for this black two year old (from new) If I decide to sell it soon?

I have seen them sell between £150-£200. What are you buying instead?

D

Deleted member 2457

Last one on AV sold for £200 posted, which is better going than eBay at present.

A

Anonymous

Sorry for late reply Gel.

I'm not sure what I'll get if I do sell it. It's just that I'm fed up with waiting for it to load.

When it decides to it's very good though. 8)

D

Deleted member 2457

piobob said:

I'm not sure what I'll get if I do sell it. It's just that I'm fed up with waiting for it to load.

The Denon I saw wasn't too bad at loading, if I was you I would go for the Cambridge Audio one or an Oppo.

michael hoy

gel said:
piobob said:

The Denon I saw wasn't too bad at loading, if I was you I would go for the Cambridge Audio one or an Oppo.

Yes the Denon is slower to load than many of today's players, but quality is always worth waiting for.

This is still on hell of a player.

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I agree it is slow to load "But thats what the kettles for"!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still haven`t seen anything aroud it`s price point that can really beat if for picture and sound quality, even though its getting on a bit.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
You might lose a further 20-25 seconds of your life waiting for the 2500 to load, but to me it's not an issue considering the quality of images produced. None of us are that busy that it makes a difference in our lives...

Should I purchase a 3D-ready television in the near future, I'll likely buy a relatively cheap 3D-capable BDP, but I'll hang on to the 2500 for 2D Blu-ray duties. In my opinion, the 2500's inability to play 3D discs is its only notable deficiency as a player right now. Since almost every device in the audio-visual chain can now stream content, I hardly miss this kind of functionality from my BDP.

JJ

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Loading time is a very small price to pay for a player that still produces in my eyes, the best picture and sound quality.

Why are you in a rush? get some pop corn and a drink and by the time you sit down to enjoy the picture, it will all be ready for you.

Unless you are changing it for some 'smart' features, that is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts