Denon DM 38 DAB with bluetooth

krill

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,I have a Dennon dm 38 dab and would like to connect my Android phone via bluetooth, can anyone tell me if this can be done and what I would need, help me prove Currys and Maplins wrong, they both say it cant be done and I need to buy a new system

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, this months group test does not include the excellent Arcam rblink bluetooth receiver. It's a little more expensive than those in the group test but it works flawlessy I find. I've had mine for a couple of months now used daily. In that time I've only had about 2 or 3 audio drop outs ever.

Another common issue with bluetooth receivers is that a song will not play from the start but kick in after a few seconds cutting off the beginning of the track. The rblink has never done this during my time with it.

The built in DAC is really good too and it has analogue and digital outputs so it is fairly flexible. WHF critised the price but I believe you get what you pay for in this case. Other bluetooth receivers I've used just have not been as reliable.

Regards, C.

GS

Jan 19, 2009
Visit site
I purchased a Crystal Blu-DAC and tried it alongside a QED UPlay Puck (also Apt-x) so had the opportunity for a side by side comparison. The Blu-DAC just shaded it. The output was louder and the clarity slightly better. It was also better than a wired connection from the headphone jack from my devices (S3, Nexus7). Range was also excellent. It is miles better than the (cheap) iWave receiver I had previously plugged into the ipod dock of my system. Excellent choice for wireless streaming

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts