DENON AVR2310 or ONKYO TXNR807

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm currently looking to buy the KEF 3005SE speaker system but i'm unsure of the AV receiver to partner them.

The Onkyo seems to offer a great spec for the money and the Denon seems to get great reviews.

What do you think.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Well ive got a Onkyo 606 and love the attack and power you get and 2008 - early 2009 was a great year for them. Since then all the other major companies have caught up. Denon and Yamaha produce two great models as alternatives Denon 2310 more laid back then Onkyo and fine amp works very well with the Kefs you will find more detail with them. Yamaha 2065 not heard but again this amp is nearly on par with the more expensive Denon 3310. Yamaha offer warmer sounds and generally do a fair job with music, better than Onkyo anyway. After a google i found the Onkyo 807 and it was priced at three different prices ranging from £579 upto £799. At 579 plus £19.99 p&p it must be worth a looking at. Don't think whfi have reviewed it yet, but it should be improved over the 806 and has many extra functions, also will work very well with Kefs. I would if you can audition all three, there the level of amp you need to drive the speakers to get the best out of them.

http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/onkyo/tx-nr807-black.html

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
After having an Onkyo 606, then auditioning the 607 and Denon 2310, I would highly recommend the Denon.

I'm sure the 807 is lots better than the 606/7, but the clarity the Denon gives in comparsion to the 606/7 is fantastic....

If I were you, I'd find a local place to listen to both and see what you think......

A

Anonymous

Denon have seriously raised the bar with the 2310, so my vote would go to the 2310 no question.

But as Pistol Pete1 said listen to both and let us know what you think.

A

Anonymous

I am a big fan of the Onkyo, having had a TX-SR875 previously. Your choice between the Denon AVR-2310 and Onkyo TX-NR807 will really boil down your own listening taste. Therefore a side-by-side audition is highly recommended.

The Denon AVR-2310's strength lies in it's impressive low-level dynamics and detail resolution, with a clear dialogue and fine treble while the Onkyo TX-NR807 majors on immense weight and authority and excellent steering effects, providing an explosive and powerful sound.

The choice is really yours to make.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts