Denon AVR A100

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
gosalh said:
Here i am :)
Hi Gosalh. I came across this when I was looking at the 2012. Looks like a solid reciever. Do you think it would work well with B&W becuase I already love the warmth of the 2310 I have with them at them moment.

gosalh

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi Soopafly49

I love the A100, well worth the money. I use it with the MA Apex and the sound is warm, precise, lots of clarity and very punchy. Its packed full of features and utilises the Audyssey Multeq xt32 which is amazing and a big step up from the standard multeq. The bass is corrected significantly makes it clean and very deep. And you can have two subs calibrated. I also love using the airplay upgrade.

The build is fantastic and looks great, good quality parts, weight is very heavy. Each receiver is certified by the engineer who put it together and you get 5 years warranty.

I used to own the denon 3311 and the A100 was a big step up from that.

To sum up im very happy with the A100 and it beats everything i auditioned and purchased.

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
gosalh said:
Hi Soopafly49

I love the A100, well worth the money. I use it with the MA Apex and the sound is warm, precise, lots of clarity and very punchy. Its packed full of features and utilises the Audyssey Multeq xt32 which is amazing and a big step up from the standard multeq. The bass is corrected significantly makes it clean and very deep. And you can have two subs calibrated. I also love using the airplay upgrade.

The build is fantastic and looks great, good quality parts, weight is very heavy. Each receiver is certified by the engineer who put it together and you get 5 years warranty.

I used to own the denon 3311 and the A100 was a big step up from that.

To sum up im very happy with the A100 and it beats everything i auditioned and purchased.

Tempting. Do you think it would be worth upgrading blu ray player if I bought this amp as it would probably do the audio decoding? Also not sure whether to wait for products which are all 4k2k compatible.

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
What blu ray player have you currently got? Actually, what's the rest of the system like?

Sony S370 Denon 2310 B&W 684 theatre JVC dla-350 chord supershield hdmi, ivuna hdmi x 2 chord carnival silverscreen biwire for fronts and centre and single silverscreen for rears. auralex subdude x 3 think thats it.

gosalh

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Ive got the oppo 95 which works perfectly well with the A100 via HDMI but real value is if youre planning to use the players analogue dacs.

Soopafly49 said:
bigboss said:
What blu ray player have you currently got? Actually, what's the rest of the system like?

Sony S370 Denon 2310 B&W 684 theatre JVC dla-350 chord supershield hdmi, ivuna hdmi x 2 chord carnival silverscreen biwire for fronts and centre and single silverscreen for rears. auralex subdude x 3 think thats it.

I would suggest to get the AV receiver first & see how the Sony S370 performs. New 2012 players are on the horizon. Better to see what they're going to offer.

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't going to bother upgrading anything until the 4k2k came around and then i say the 2012 going cheap but if I need to upgrade the amp aswell I think ill hold on for a while. Ive had the amp about a year and half but only been using it six months and the player about the same but had that for even longer. Thanks for advice BigBoss much appreciated

Soopafly49 said:
I wasn't going to bother upgrading anything until the 4k2k came around and then i say the 2012 going cheap but if I need to upgrade the amp aswell I think ill hold on for a while. Ive had the amp about a year and half but only been using it six months and the player about the same but had that for even longer. Thanks for advice BigBoss much appreciated

Sounds very sensible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts