Denon AVR-2310 deal

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has used these guys before (seem to be based in london somewhere).
http://www.atlantic2u.com/store/viewproduct.asp?idproduct=109412
Thoughts?

A

Anonymous

I have been told by a guy at Hispek that Denon will not allow this receiver to be sold online. They will only let you come and collect it in store. When doing my price comparisons a lot of other websites also confirmed this. Surely Denon would have the same rule for all retailers?
emotion-18.gif
I'd check this out because if you can get it for £699 and save a few quid, but then have to drive 200 miles or whatever to collect it you might not have saved anything!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Davee is correct, there is no mail ordering of Denon's AV amps allowed, by any dealer. They also don't mention a warranty - make sure you get Denon's standard 2 year warranty.

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Interesting!
I'm currently amp-less at the moment, which is driving me mad! I'm keen to wait for the next issue of the mag to come out (which promises to have a review of the Denon, amongst others) before purchase, but seeing as my first choice Yamaha V1900 is discontinued - not to mention a couple of hundred more expensive - I'm keen to wait before taking the plunge!
Thanks for the heads up on warranty and purchasing.
PJ

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I've spoken to our Denon rep, and as suspected, Atlantic2u are NOT an authorised Denon stockist. They will be importing them through improper channels or sourcing them from a Denon stockist in the UK. Either way, both are not allowed, and there wil be no warranty with this product should you purchase, regardless of what they tell you.

Regards

David

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed. Denon (and its sister company Marantz, plus others in this industry) does not allow certain products to be sold online/direct.

The rough rule of thumb with Denon kit is that anything fairly simple - microsystems, soundbars, headphones etc - can be sold online, whereas anything higher-end/more complex will benefit from the extra service and support potential of a retail store.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:

The rough rule of thumb with Denon kit is that anything fairly simple - microsystems, soundbars, headphones etc - can be sold online, whereas anything higher-end/more complex will benefit from the extra service and support potential of a retail store.

Makes sense I suppose. If Denon allowed these sites to just flog them dirt cheap with no advice then there would be people that weren't getting proper use out of them posting rubbish reviews all over the internet. Can't blame them really
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts