Denon 1909 or Yamaha RX-V863 and one other.... with KEF 2005.3 Nubje questions :s

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am looking for weeks now to get me a new amp and speakers, but I am stuck now.

The decision between the denon 1909 and v863 is the thoughest one yet and now with the new onkyo 607 around the corner it is getting harder but I want 1080p upscaling so that one is not an option and it doesnt have an auto setup microphone afaik.

I know I should get a good listen but I want to narrow down the choices to 3 av amps before I call the local dealers to set it all up, and I want some advice on the KEF 2005.3 speakers as I cant find much about them anywhere and if I can find anything it is usually a flame war between genie lovers and KEF lovers so not a real good advice from there as well.

Are there some things I should look into before I am goiing to listen to at least these 2 amps and maybe if you guys come up with another amp in same price class that I should look at as well... the sony one...

As this will be my first "HiFi" set I will buy I dont want to get a bad feeling about spending that kind of money +/- 1200 euro is a lot of money for us. So I dont want the wife to say... is that it????

What is a good music cd to take along and a good movie to watch and hear? What are the pro's and con's of both receivers? pro's con's on the speakers? Is it any good at all? I want to get a ps3 as well as blu ray player or should I go for a stand alone blu ray player... and do these 2 amps upscale optical signals as well from my dig. tv. receiver?

A lot of question before I want to go see the dealer, and I want to sound a bit smart as well to haggle a bit :p

Thanks in advance.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i am close to getting to the denon 1909 but mainly because it is £175 cheaper and they were about the same i have montior audio br5's and br1's and br centre so the 90w per channel was fine but maybe some people might want a little more power. Plus the denon you can name your inputs again i like that. You will get alot people who say the yamaha is better for music but with £450 fronts and a £600 acram cd player and £65 interconneters which the shop was running it was hard to split them the yamaha i have heard though sounds better with ipod. I looked at the kefs but once i heard the montior audio's for £180 more i was blown away i know there floorstanders but they do not make your room luck cluttered and you dont get a sub but the speakers give get bass while you save for a sub. The main problem wqs music from the kefs i like indie music and there was to much going on for them. Sorry if this offers no help all the best

A

Anonymous

I have been looking at the Denon 1909, but I'm having trouble getting hold of one. The guy in the local hifi store said that Denon were bringing out a new model and the 1909 (especially black) will be hard to source. Have you seen it available somewhere ?

rob

A

Anonymous

Well the denon is 100 euro more expensive then the yamaha here (netherlands) I will use it mostly for movies anyway so aint to keen on the music specs. I can buy it on import then the denon is cheaper but still I am worried on warranty issues etc...

A

Anonymous

Depends on where you live but there are enough online retailers that say they have them on stock. Outside of uk.

A

Anonymous

108 Mansfield Road, Nottingham, NG1 3HD look there or call 0115 924 1551
a silver one for 380 pound. I think you can order the black one as well there.

TRENDING THREADS