decisions decisions - help needed

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi everyone I currently own the B&W 705 standmounts with my Linn Classik. I have heard in a few forums that my speakers are not liked as they are supposedly bright sounding?

I have been in 2 minds whether to sell the B&W 705s and get something else for around a grand.

Would this be considered a wise improvement?? or would adding a power amp help with the sound.

I have seen Sonus Faber Concertino Speakers for sale on ebay. are they worth a bid??

Music taste is rock and metal.

Your thoughts please.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Do you think they're too bright? No, didn't think so.

I think they're perfectly well suited to the Classik, and while biamping with an LK100 might bring out a bit more in the speakers, I'd stick with them. The Concertinos (Concertini?) are lovely speakers, but I think they'll be a sideways step, not an upgrade

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
would selling the classik and getting a cyrus cd8x and 8vs2 amp be a considerable upgrade.??? I am having a bout of upgraditis and I have heard cyrus is amazing. Would this be a step up from the Linn Classik?? I would loike to keep my speakers as they to my ears are tonally great. How much of an increase in sound quality would it be??

Andrew your advice appreciated.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="rich51080"]

would selling the classik and getting a cyrus cd8x and 8vs2 amp be a considerable upgrade.???

[/quote]

IMHO, no - but then i really like the Classik, and always have, and don't quite 'get' the whole Cyrus thing. I mean, all very nice and all that, but not epoch-making or amazing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts