Dacs with remote?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I was hoping to get a Unitiqute but I need to be realistic and the cost is prohibitive.

I like how the Qute is amp and dac and remote controllable. However, whilst most budget amps have a remote I don't know of any Dacs with a remote. This is so frustrating as I really don't want to get up to change the input when I switch from TV to Apple TV to bluray etc! Integrated amps with built in Dac seem very rare indeed.

I like the Marantz CR603 but it only has 1 digital input. Any recommendation of Dacs with remotes or integrated amp with built in dac with remote (under £600ish)? Thanks.

T

the record spot

Emotiva XDA-1 - £349 - and comes with a high quality remote too; great build all round for the money by all accounts. Item Audio in the UK can organise a home demo with money back too.

A

Anonymous

Thank you, I have looked at the Emotiva, looks very good. Would I require a power amp or does it have a 'fixed' output which I could output to an intergrated amp? I can't find many budget power amps (say about £300ish).

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
lordgrace said:
Thank you, I have looked at the Emotiva, looks very good. Would I require a power amp or does it have a 'fixed' output which I could output to an intergrated amp?

it's digital preamp too so you can connect it straight into power amp if you want to.

lordgrace said:
I can't find many budget power amps (say about £300ish).

and what about power amp from emotiva. UPA-2 along with above mentioned DAC should fit the bill nicely. and it seems to be quite capable as well...

A

Anonymous

The matrix looks interesting, thanks mate, however i need 2 optical inputs. My other idea is to get the Marantz MCR603 and use a remote controllable digital switch box - anyone have experience of such a device?

A

Anonymous

I have just thought, i can use the TV as a 'switcher' for all sources and use the optical out on it to send the signal to a MCR603! Sky, bluray and apple tv can all be sent via HDMI to the TV!

A

Anonymous

I've just pre-ordered myself a new DAC from a small Yorkshire based company called Fidelity Audio. Their DAC comes with a remote. You probably won't have heard of them but the guy who owns the company is an electronics guru and a top guy to boot. I was going to upgrade my Dacmagic but after speaking to Brent I decided to go with their DAC offering. On the face of it, the dac doesn't seem as well specced as some offerings for the price point but after talking it through with Brent he explained the reasons behind why they designed it like they have and also a lot of the marketing ploys/techniques that the vast majority of hi-fi manufacturers use.

I've not actually even listened to it yet but I'll let you know what it's like once I get my hands on it. Here's a link to their site: http://www.fidelityaudio.co.uk/dacs.shtml

spooks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts