DacMagic Due Next Week - 2 questions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have ordered a Dacmagic and should be delivered early next week.

I will be using it to connect laptop to my amp.

Couple of questions if anyone could help:

1) I will be using a USB cable. Does this automatically bypass the sound card in the laptop or do I have to do something to change this?

2) The DacMagic has balanced XLR outputs - are these better than using the unbalanced phono outputs?

Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

[*]Downloading the DacMagic Manual from the Cambridge Audio website will answer your question.
[*]Yes - as long as your amp accepts them!

Brian
emotion-21.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
heystak:I have ordered a Dacmagic and should be delivered early next week.

I will be using it to connect laptop to my amp.

Couple of questions if anyone could help:

1) I will be using a USB cable. Does this automatically bypass the sound card in the laptop or do I have to do something to change this?

2) The DacMagic has balanced XLR outputs - are these better than using the unbalanced phono outputs?

Many thanks.

I'm really looking forward to your findings Heystak. There is a certain forum member who has your cd player and is totally opposed to lossless files and DACs being used instead of spinners. It would be funny if you decide to sell your 192 within a week of getting the DacMagic!!

By the way, I do think that XLR cables give you a bit more but your amp doesn't have the connectivity for them so just use RCA.

A

Anonymous

heystak

I'm looking forward to your post as i'm probably going to be ordering one next month.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails / chiefbrody

When the DAC arrives I'll do some A/B testing of the same CD (laptop plus DAC vs CD192) and let you know how I get on.

I'll also try internet radio using 3.5mm jack & phono direct into amp compared to USB into DAC through to amp with phono.

A

Anonymous

heystak:Gerrardasnails / chiefbrody

When the DAC arrives I'll do some A/B testing of the same CD (laptop plus DAC vs CD192) and let you know how I get on.

I'll also try internet radio using 3.5mm jack & phono direct into amp compared to USB into DAC through to amp with phono.

I look forward to hearing from you, as our systems are relatively similar, although you're CD192 is clearly superior. Cheers

Chief

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts