Dacmagic and its blinking lights

gingersmarty

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

I bought a dacmagic a couple of months ago to dip my toes in the spotify to hifi world, and i wonder

if i have a faulty unit.....

When using spotify to airport express to dacmagic to stereo, the music is regularly interupted by very brief pauses or breaks. And

the blue indicator light very briefly goes out.

If i remove the dacmagic there are no issues at all with the replaying.

When in use the airport is connected to the dac using toslink.

Any ideas.

thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

hi, it might be a faulty toslink connector and broken optical end
this happend to me try to move the toslink about to see if its faulty.

Zubkabera

Nov 15, 2007
Visit site
I also had the same problem I realized the tosh-link was not securely fixed, the blinking lights went off when I inserted properly the cable.

A

Anonymous

I have the same issue. In my case I figured out it was happening mainly because of a loose power cable connected to other componants on the mains supply?!

DacMagic inputs are 1) coaxial (Atlas) from CA 640C v2 and 2) coaxial (QED) connection from PC. As far as I can tell no problem with these cables. Have only noticed cut outs whilst using the CD Player. Never had a problem with CD player previously when using its internal DAC.

DacMagic powered by supplied 'mascot' PSU. Connected from Tacima CS929.

Also on the Tacima are two record decks and associated preamp mixer (obviously nothing to do with the DAC). The power cable wasn't properly inserted into the back of this mixer. For some reason if touched / knocked it would cause the DAC to momentarily cut out ('incoming sample rate' light goes out, but others remain on). Happened once when I plugged something into a totally seperate socket on the other side of the room. Has never been a problem before until the DAC was added.

So in my case it seems to be related to power supply (although none the wiser as to why it's causing it - perhaps either the DAC or CD player are sensitive to power dips / spikes?). Anyone able to explain?

gingersmarty

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi again,

Contacted Richersounds via e-mail, they could not have been more helpful, Jason suggested a straight exchange at

my convenience and despite being over the New Year i had a new unit in under a week minus the blinking light,

21st century customer relations at its best.

Sean

A

Anonymous

Glad to read you seem to have resolved your problem. I take it they didn't say what the fault was and if it was a known issue?

Happy blink free listening!

For info - I sent a query to Cambridge Audio to see if a change of unit will resolve my issue. I'll post what comes back should anyone be interested.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts