DAC Dilemma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know this is a subjective thing but I can't decide between playing music through a Sonos ZP90 digitally connected into the DAC on the Leema Pulse III amp. Or the ZP90 digitally connected into the Audiolab 8200CD CD player which in turn is connected to the same amp with analogue interconnects. The digital connections are with coax.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on which may give the better sound? Or, if I can't decide, is their a preferred way of playing uncompressed files? ie through CD or amp DAC? I do mainly play CD's.

Ta.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't understand...you have tried the two options already or not?

I was also interested in the Sonos played through the Lema Pulse III, how does it sound?

Why do not ripping all your CDs into uncompressed format, store them on a NAS and sell the CDP? In this way you can use the Sonos to read your music on your NOS through the Lema Pulse.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Markvh said:
I know this is a subjective thing but I can't decide between playing music through a Sonos ZP90 digitally connected into the DAC on the Leema Pulse III amp. Or the ZP90 digitally connected into the Audiolab 8200CD CD player which in turn is connected to the same amp with analogue interconnects. The digital connections are with coax.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on which may give the better sound? Or, if I can't decide, is their a preferred way of playing uncompressed files? ie through CD or amp DAC? I do mainly play CD's.

Ta.
Not sure why you need someone to tell you which sounds best..........can't you decide yourself ?

A

Anonymous

acalex said:

I was also interested in the Sonos played through the Lema Pulse III, how does it sound?

Why do not ripping all your CDs into uncompressed format, store them on a NAS and sell the CDP? In this way you can use the Sonos to read your music on your NOS through the Lema Pulse.

Sonos through the Leema sounds great to me. But the Leema is now burnt in but the CDP isn't, so at the moment isn't sounding as good as I think it will in another 50 hours time.

A

Anonymous

eggontoast said:
Markvh said:

Ta.
Not sure why you need someone to tell you which sounds best..........can't you decide yourself ?

Yes, eventually. The Leema is now burnt in but the CDP isn't, so at the moment isn't sounding as good as I think it will in another 50 hours time.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Markvh said:
Sonos through the Leema sounds great to me. But the Leema is now burnt in but the CDP isn't, so at the moment isn't sounding as good as I think it will in another 50 hours time.

Is this through SPDIF coaxial or optical?

Let us know how you get on in 50 hours ... only you can decide which sounds best ;-)

A

Anonymous

tino said:
Markvh said:

Let us know how you get on in 50 hours ... only you can decide which sounds best ;-)

1) Sonos connected to leema amp via coax.

2) Sonos connected to CDP via coax and CDP connected to amp via analogue.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
tino said:
Markvh said:

Exactly, wait for the 50 hours and tell us your impressions. Which kind of you music do you listen tipically?

A

Anonymous

Markvh said:
acalex said:

Is something happening on Saturday? But yes, everything sounds miles better at the weekend. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts