Dac/CD Player thats the question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Been bought a Wadia 170i transport from the wife, and was wondering on my next upgrade.

Buy a dac to use with the Wadia and cd player or buy a dac/cd player combo and get rid of the old cd player.

Problem ive got is cost.

what's the best way forward.

Dacs am looking at are

low end

MF M1

Audiolab m dac

High end dac

Naim Dac

Arcam D33.

Or go with some think like the audio 8200cd.

Any info and ideas are all welcome.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Firstly, it would help to list what you already have and a budget. Secondly, particularly regarding DACs, I'd try to forget about any pretences of 'high-end'. Just get something that has the right inputs and outputs and that you like the look of. Most DACs will do the job equally well.

The biggest differentiators for such products are cost, function and looks. Soundwise, they all seem much of a muchness.

I use the CA DACmagic Plus and apart from its cheap and plasticky volume control knob, I have no major issues. DACs in isolation are quite simple things and should not cost a bomb, cost rises quite a bit if you want more functions. The Audiolab CD/DAC combo is quite interesting and could be worth a look at for it's versatility.

A

Anonymous

My main thing is music quality. so im after the best posable upgrade i can get. but i dont wont to get somone thing and never use it to its full potental. to qoute. like buying supercar and never going over 70mph. its just awaste

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Overdose said:
Most DACs will do the job equally well.

Soundwise they all seem much of a muchness.

This is just nonsense and really not very helpful to Mr Confused. Hi, if I might call you that for short, I suggest you decide your approximate budget and then borrow two or three from your local dealer, if you have one.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
ifor said:
Overdose said:
Most DACs will do the job equally well.

Soundwise they all seem much of a muchness.

This is just nonsense and really not very helpful to Mr Confused. Hi, if I might call you that for short, I suggest you decide your approximate budget and then borrow two or three from your local dealer, if you have one.

On the contrary, it is accurate and actually rather helpful.

No need for the OP to be spending money unneccessarily on the misunderstanding that spending lots of money equals great sound quality. Doubtless there will be small differences, less certain, is the likelyhood of hearing those differences.

You seem like a possible candidate for the chance to be a lucky winner of those free Harbeth speakers.

steve_1979, get yer skates on, theres a possible winner snapping at your heels.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts