DAB modules for Analogue recievers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
There are one or two product-specific add-ons, such as Onkyo's UD-PT1 (below) which plugs into the Universal Port on the rear of its current models from the TX-SR507 upwards.

udpt1lrg.jpg

But as far as I know there's nothing universally usable beyond the likes of Pure's Highway for in-car use, which receives DAB and rebroadcasts its output as analogue FM so the car radio can tune into it.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I suppose it depends on the module and how it deals with the signals, ie converting the digital to analogue itself or relying on a DAC to do this.

It's to possibly fit to an older Kenwood mini system that I'm trying to future proof, although this doesn't need to be done for a few years, hopefully analogue FM will stay with us.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, there's always the possibility of buying a portable digital radio, almost all of which have a stereo analogue output, and plugging that into the system.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I see. But building a Venice module into an existing system isn't going to be in any way easy, and may well prove less cost-effective than buying a new system.

But I reckon you've got at least six years before you really need to worry about the lack of FM, and I suspect it may survive rather longer than that...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts