Cyrus streamline vs stream XP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anybody have any idea what the real differences between a streamline and a stream xp is ?

Seems you could use the streamline to act as a pre to an x power and have more or less the same quality as doing the same as with a stream xp except its 1200 and not 2000 or am I missing something ?

A

Anonymous

Of course the other thought I had was the new 8DAC integrated and a Mac mini or other cheaper streamer which would also achieve roughly the same result. Too many decisions :)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The StreamLine is designed as a one box system, a stand alone unit. The Stream XP removes the amplifier, and is basically their top of the range Stream X but with onboard DAC and digital per-amplifier. This can be fed directly to a power amplifier, so not only are you cutting down on boxes (streamer/DAC/pre etc) and simplifying the system, but the use of a dedicated power amplifier will drive speakers far better than an integrated amplifier will. With a power amplifier, your choice of speakers widens considerably.

A

Anonymous

I actually had no intention of using the internal amp.

I was only thinking that if you look at the specs the streamline looks like a budget stream xp. I am however probably thinking of the 8 dac / 8 xpd as the best solution for what I am looking for since I will use a macmini as the streaming source.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
If its only running into a DAC or an integrated amplifier equipped with a DAC, only the Stream X would be needed, as this is like a CD transport - a purely digital transport with no analogue circuitry.

A

Anonymous

Hello David,

Sorry been very busy recently and answering from the iphone/ipad is not so easy.

I see what you are saying hovever the DAP XP+ is 2500 and the StreamXP 2000, while the streamline is only 1200 and you can use the internal amp potentially for either another zone or if you re-purpose it later in life when upgrading the main system to something better.

Just seems to me that maybe i can build a nice system from some more budget components and still get very close to the same quality as the much more expensive options. Although i would guess the DAC in the StreamXP is probably a twin mono design and the Streamline more like the 6XP/8XP DAC's i am not sure i will really see the difference, and if i can demo it later then i can always upgrade to one of those models and re-use the streamline as a bedroom system.

Evan

kmlav

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I have both units , the streamline in the kitchen and the XP as part of the main system in the front room.

I run the Xp via the MCH in inputs on a Aracm AVR400 , so the amp is just a power amp, and the sound is very good indeed. I have compared the two units running through the same power amp and I have to say the XP does give a better richer sound and IMHO is worth the extra cash.

That said the streamline is a excellent unit with an amazing sound for the money. I dont use the power amp part of it running it via a cyrus integrated amp, 8vs2.

On both unit the n-remote is a good unit and makes the whole thing a breeze to use and is a country mile better than some of the control apps for iPad etc that are out there such as songbook which is probably the worst bit of code I have every had the misfortune to come into contact with.

A

Anonymous

I ended up getting a Pre-XPd and X-Power for now, PC direct to the inbuilt DAC.

I see the update comming to the streaming range will include ALAC which is another reason i hesitated to buy a Cyrus streamer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts