Cyrus Pre vs2 - what would you expect to pay 2nd hand?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am going to be looking at getting a pre vs2 second hand to add to the power amp, but what price would you expect to pay second hand for it?

Phil

A

Anonymous

That is a decent price. Did the pre make a big difference with your power amp?

Are you bi wiring the speakers etc?

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it did as I was previously using a 6vs2 integrated as my pre.

No, I am not bi-wiring as I have Spendor A5's which are not bi wirable.

A

Anonymous

Thats pleasing to hear, as I am bi amping at the moment, using the 8vs2. I am hoping the sound becomes more detailed and improves.

How are you connecting the pre to power, do you use a normal phono? I have van den hul the wave between the integrated and power.

A

Anonymous

I got mine for 250 plus postage from a shop - it was a Cyrus birthday offer trade-in but it came with guarantee.

I would expect to pay about 300 now though. It replaced (for stereo only) my Cyrus AV Master 8.0 and there are improvements to bass and treble.

I use Nordost Red Dawn from CDP to preamp and then Nordost Black Knight from pre to power.

A

Anonymous

Cool, just got to source one now.

How do you find the WB sq1's with the cyrus kit, as I am looking at them and proac speakers as mu next upgrade futher down the road? Some people say they are a bit bright, but it is much better to ask a happy customer like yourself.

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
potboyslim:

Thats pleasing to hear, as I am bi amping at the moment, using the 8vs2. I am hoping the sound becomes more detailed and improves.

How are you connecting the pre to power, do you use a normal phono? I have van den hul the wave between the integrated and power.

I was bi-amping as well with the 6vs2 and 8 power.

The sound did improve and became more detailed and even more so when I upgraded speakers from MS Mezzo2's to the Spendor A5's.

I am using black rhodium interconnects (can't remember which one) at the moment but will change them soon to Atlas Equator MK11's as that is what I am using from CDP and TT & phono stage.

A

Anonymous

Thankyou, am watching that, and seeing if it goes mad towards the end.

A

Anonymous

Shame you want a black one. We all know the silver ones sound better
emotion-15.gif

BTW I use a Chord ProDAC digital interconnect between the CD-XTSE and the DAC-X, then Chord Chorus II between the DAC and Pre-VS2 and the Pre-VS2 and the twin 8-Powers. Speaker cables are twin Chord Odyssey 4's to each bi-wired ProAC Studio 140. I live in a 2-bedroom flat and the neighbours hate me.

A

Anonymous

For me it is black. Think that stems from my dad having black hifi's when I was a child and he always had black kit, so I probably bought the same colour haha!

Running oddy 4 as well.

Bet the neighbours love you!! Was in a semi before, then had complaints about the music, so rented a detatched property. It was the best thing you can do in life, hifi and detatched houses are a partnership made in heaven. Now I am in a posh row of houses, and the music cannot go very load.

In my rented house, morning music was load, then at night, I had the house rocking, but did not annoy anybody else in the street.

Best thing you can do ever is to move into a detatched property, then crank it up lol

JohnnyC

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Bought one from Moorgate for £315. Replaced my 8vs2. Paired up with my X-power (both with PSX) the sound is super. Detailed with excellent soundstage. I didn't get on bi-amping the 8vs2. The sound was not to my liking. Looking to add a second x-power now for even more umph!

A

Anonymous

Just bought one for £315.01 delivered, so should get it in a few days time. Just got to sell my evo amp now!

Looking forward to plugging it in and listening to some tunes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts