Cyrus One with Google Chromecast Audio

ASL0205

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone on here using this set up ? If so what are your experiences as I’m seriously considering going down this route and pairing it with a pair of Q Acoustics 3050s. My main source will be via my iPad with either Tidal or Qobuz. My room size is approx 15ftx15ft.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
ASL0205 said:
Is anyone on here using this set up ? If so what are your experiences as I’m seriously considering going down this route and pairing it with a pair of Q Acoustics 3050s. My main source will be via my iPad with either Tidal or Qobuz. My room size is approx 15ftx15ft.

Both seem great products. Report back if you go ahead.

CCA works good with Tidal.

ASL0205

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
drummerman said:
ASL0205 said:

Both seem great products. Report back if you go ahead.

CCA works good with Tidal.

Just need to try and find somewhere that stocks both now, the joys of living in deepest Cornwall !!!

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
What I find it hard getting my head around, is that the Cyrus 1 has Bluetooth which means it must have some kind of Dac.

So why does it not have a Spdif input or two? Much more complete and usable amplifier for very little extra cost?...*unknw*

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Creative Audio are selling the Cyrus One + CCA combo for £629 ... it was £579 until a few days ago.

Might also be worth looking at the Yamaha WXAD-10 as the source for even more flexibility and Musiccast. Richer Sounds sell that for £125.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
davedotco said:
What I find it hard getting my head around, is that the Cyrus 1 has Bluetooth which means it must have some kind of Dac.

So why does it not have a Spdif input or two? Much more complete and usable amplifier for very little extra cost?...*unknw*

My sentiments exactly. They missed a trick there.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
A DAC would have been more useful but perhaps that's not the customer they tried to reach?

Perhaps the next model will. Looking at Exposure's prices my guess is it will be substantially more expensive.

£1200 to £1500 perhaps?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
drummerman said:
A DAC would have been more useful but perhaps that's not the customer they tried to reach?

Perhaps the next model will. Looking at Exposure's prices my guess is it will be substantially more expensive.

£1200 to £1500 perhaps?

For it to be more expensive, the Cyrus 1 can connect by Bluetooth so requires a dac of some kind to work.

Since you already have d to a conversion, why not add a Spdif input to feed the dac you already have, very modest cost I should think?...*unknw*

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Leema charge £200 extra for a very competent DAC board on their Elements amplifier. And if Cyrus are happy to recommend a £30 external streaming dongle with a cheap as chips DAC, I think they could have included a digital input or two for not much more than the price of the CCA.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts