Cyrus kit with Rega Rs 3 speakers

lbafsaj

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
Has Anyone tried Rega Rs 3 with cyrus equipment ? Have prexpd with x power and psxr. My kef iq5se can sound a little lightweight , and the rega come recommended. Anyone else have the rega & cyrus combo and how is it ?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I have heard the Rega and the IQ5, but not with Cyrus........in theory, I think the match should work, but the Regas will sound very different to the Kefs.

lbafsaj

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
I'm intrigued. What would be the difference. I find the kef's on the bright side at the top end and can be harsh in the midrange. The bass only comes in to its own with good kit . Be interested to know your thoughts

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
lbafsaj said:
I'm intrigued. What would be the difference. I find the kef's on the bright side at the top end and can be harsh in the midrange. The bass only comes in to its own with good kit . Be interested to know your thoughts

I found the IQ range worked better with amps that had a smoother warmer sound, like Arcam.....and like you, I found the IQ5s a bit weedy sounding (I went for the IQ9s).

The Rega speakers are more forgiving and less forward, so shouldn't exacerbate the detailed forward nature of Cyrus......so try to get a listen.

FWIW. I would also consider the Kef R Series as well, which have a very different tonal quality to the IQ Series.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts