Cyrus CDXT SE2 Vs CD 8 SE2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade my Cyrus CD system to incorporate a streamer. I just ordered a Stream XP2 streamer and 8 Power power amp. Cyrus seem to offer a decent trade in value for my CD6 SE so I was looking at either the CD 8 SE2 or CDXT SE2 at about £300 extra.

Is the CDXT worth the extra or would that really need a separate DAC and power supply to get the most out of it? Would the CD 8 SE2 be a better fit?

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
If you are going to get a streamer why would you need a CDP? Surely you will rip all your CD's to a NAS? The CDXTSE2 is excellent but unecessary get an X Power rather than the 8 Power - a big upgrade to your Stream XP2. (a pair of PSX-R will help sound quality if not your wallet!!)

cheers

another Cyrus Fan

A

Anonymous

The 8 Power was part of a deal with the Stream XP2 (£1999). I plan on part exchanging my CD 6 SE with Cyrus for a new CD Player. You make a good point that I probably won't need one eventially but for now I have a shelf full of CDs and no NAS and can't imagine being without one just yet.

I have already stretched the budget as far as it'll go but can possibly find the extra £300 for a CDXT SE2 over a CD 8 SE2. I just want to know is it worth it for the transport player without all the extra high end gubbins like PSX-R's or will the CD8 suit my needs.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Give Moorgate Acoustics a call if you're anywhere near Sheffield. They have a reprocessed CDXT SE2 with full 2 year warranty and in both finishes at a very good price with a further 10% off if become a member of their web site. See what they would offer you to trade in your CD6 SE if that's the route you want to take.

A

Anonymous

Will do, thanks. Their reconditioned prices are great. Cyrus offer over £600 off for a CD 6 SE though! Hmm.

A

Anonymous

Nice looking system! What speakers did you go for? Ill be asking for commission from Moorgate on next upgrade!lol. Glad I could help.

A

Anonymous

Order placed with Moorgate. Amazing price for the CDXT SE2. They also had a deal on some speakers I couldn't resist so I now have a complete new system on the way and can sell my old one.

Just need to give the online manuals a read now to make sure I get the correct cables/interconnects.

To recap, the setup will be..

CDXT SE2

Stream XP2

8 Power

A

Anonymous

Spendor SA1. Space is a premium.

What speaker cable should I get, or rather, what terminations? I seem to remember Cyrus needs a specific type? BFA to Banana is it?

A

Anonymous

Good choice! I was impressed when i auditioned them and was surprised by the amount of quality bass for such a small speaker. I almost bought them myself. Im using Chord odyssey between my monos and Dyno's but have been reading that its best to avoid silver plated cables with Cyrus. Saying that It all sounds stunning to my ears but im considering buying the van damme 4.0mm UP-LCOFC hi-fi cables just as an experiment as they get great reviews from other Cyrus users and are available for less than £5/m

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts