Cyrus Cd 8SE

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We've just had our review sample delivered and will be testing it shortly. The full review will be published in our November issue of the magazine, on sale September 18th.

A

Anonymous

Got mine on Saturday having heard it the weekend before. Love it love it love it...

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Mr. ffish thanks for the reply I own a cd 8x I guess if you were reviewing it what would some differences from the 8x, is it really that much better. I have heard it is something special

A

Anonymous

I'm afraid I've not heard the 8x - this was my first foray into hi-fi at this price point. The dealer said the difference was astronomical, and they had slashed the prices to try to shift the last few...

On a different thread somewhere ("Have What Hi Fi heard the CD8SE" or something) I have expanded somewhat on the review posted above!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
ffiish:

I'm afraid I've not heard the 8x - this was my first foray into hi-fi at this price point. The dealer said the difference was astronomical, and they had slashed the prices to try to shift the last few...

On a different thread somewhere ("Have What Hi Fi heard the CD8SE" or something) I have expanded somewhat on the review posted above!

I played with the 8se recently in different systems. Whilst I did'nt compare it back to back with the predecessor it sounded very nice and fun everywhere I tried it (but so does the 8x). Astronomical difference? Not sure about that. Its a cdp and lets face it, differences, whilst clearly audible in different price categories/products, are hardly of the astronomical variety. I dont think I'd just yet rush out and replace the 8x with a 6 or 8se. It may be a different scenario if you (a cyrus system owner) plans to add a psx to the 8x. It may not be worth it for the price if the new players achieve similar (better?) results 'naked' as they come ie. without add-ons.

John Duncan

Andy Clough:We've just had our review sample delivered and will be testing it shortly. The full review will be published in our November issue of the magazine, on sale September 18th.

Was there bubble wrap?

A

Anonymous

I'm sorry to report that there were no bubbles in my packing...

TRENDING THREADS