cyrus and glass shelves?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi, next week i am listening to a few amps and cd's after months of reading, one of them being the Cyrus6 amp and cd. this morning on the new what hifi page i came across the review in more detail and it said 'on no account place the cyrus on glass/steel hi-fi rack' - so before i go to my listening is there anyway around this ie, placing those rubber iso???? (rubber feet) under the cyrus equipment? the reason being the cyrus is at the top end of my budget and i could not afford or warrant to get rid of the fairly expensive rack i have.

tks neil

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I've got cyrus kit on a glass shelved rack and it sounds absolutely fine. Your main conseration should be the choice of speakers, they effect the sound more than anything.

jules.

A

Anonymous

...well you wouldn't want to break the glass and lose the kit...

A

Anonymous

thanks to everyone for taking time out to respond. that's fine then i will just go to my listening session and take it as it comes and just pick the one i think sounds best at the time.

cheers all

Neil

A

Anonymous

The general theory is that Cyrus is a bit forward and bright, glass racks tend to highlight this, whether it's the rack or the sound from the speakers reflecting of off it, is another matter, for the reason that glass is highly reflective I would never chose it.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
silly:The general theory is that Cyrus is a bit forward and bright, glass racks tend to highlight this, whether it's the rack or the sound from the speakers reflecting of off it, is another matter, for the reason that glass is highly reflective I would never chose it.

Do you live in a windowless bunker?
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

No, the other way around, too much glass, completely messes up the sound, very hot too in the summer.

A

Anonymous

unleash_me wrote the following post at Wed, Jun 18 2008 9:10 PM:
Oh dear, looks like someone is going out of business!

Can't be sure...there's also wood and everybody knows "wood sounds good".

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Wouldn't have thought there would have been too many sonic reflections off a glass shelf that was under the hifi unit?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
PJPro:Wouldn't have thought there would have been too many sonic reflections off a glass shelf that was under the hifi unit?

No, it's the shelf above you have to worry about...

emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

PJPro:Wouldn't have thought there would have been too many sonic reflections off a glass shelf that was under the hifi unit?

Anything that sits in between the speakers will effect the sound to some degree, but there not much we can do about it for 99.9% of us, the worst culprit is a CRT TV, in an ideal world nothing between them would be ideal.

A

Anonymous

silly: in an ideal world nothing between them would be ideal.
sounds like between my ears...luckily i also have no tv in my livingroom, mainly due to the fact that in my experience people just come in turn on and mong out even if friends are over. much better to have no tv there.

Akime123

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Beautiful! If you are fond of contemporary products I'd advise checking the following link: www.archiexpo.com/architecture-design-manufacturer/glass-shelf-1011.html. Hope you enjoy it!

TRENDING THREADS