Cyrus 8vs or MF A3

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
I could do with a little help here peeps...

I am on the verge of buying one of these, I cannot demo, so I'm going only on recommendations really.

To me the A3 has it on asthetics, but what about sound quality?

My music tastes are wide ranging and cover pretty much everything.

Speakers are B&W602 S2 and CD player is OPPO 981HD with a Beresford Caiman to hopefully follow soon.

What are the pros and cons of these units and the upgrade paths when I inevitably get the upgrade itch.[:)]

A

Anonymous

Personally I'd go with the MF amp

The Cyrus 8vs was an ok amp but the 8vs2 was much better; they still fetch fairly good £££ though

Have you looked around for an MF AX100 or AX200 integrated amp; what about an Arcam Alpha 10 integrated or a NAD C352 / C355BEE integrated amp?

All those will drive the B&W's VERY well indeed; a lot better than the Cyrus amps IMO

noddy1977

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I used to own an A3 then upgraded to the A308 used with B&W 704's and an Arcam CD33, the MF range will offer a well balanced sound open and detailed and taught in the bass area.

The A3 has a pre out so should you want to add a power amp later you can do.

From Experience I would say that Dual mono amps in general do offer a more open sound, I'm currently using a Pioneer A6 which I have to say does a good job of powering my B&W 704's, sad to say had to sell MF A308 as needed funds:-(

Hope this helps

PS sorry no experience of Cyrus equipment so hope someone can fill in here

A

Anonymous

Overdose:
I quite like the look of the AX100/200, but the A3 pips it.

The Arcam and NAD look a bit fugly and utilitarian to my eyes.

Personally I'd go for the MF XA200 any day over the A3

Thats just me though...

The Arcam Alpha 10 is hell of an amp though; so are the mentioned NAD's... I know what you mean re looks but to get the best out of your speakers you may have to compromise
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts