Cyrus 6vs2 with Monitor Audio BR2s

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the Cyrus 6vs2 and Cyrus CD6 are a good match with the Monitor Audio BR2s? Do you think the the 6vs2 might be under powered or that the speaker aren't god enough or should I look at the 8vs2?

I am very keen to use Cyrus Amp and CD but am unsure of pairing them with the BR2s.

Would be greatful for your views on the matter.

manicm

littlepete:

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the Cyrus 6vs2 and Cyrus CD6 are a good match with the Monitor Audio BR2s? Do you think the the 6vs2 might be under powered or that the speaker aren't god enough or should I look at the 8vs2?

I am very keen to use Cyrus Amp and CD but am unsure of pairing them with the BR2s.

Would be greatful for your views on the matter.

*slap on your wrist*
emotion-39.gif

The BR2s are not bad budget speakers by any means, but your system deserves speakers much higher up, and simply adding an 8vs2 might highlight shortcomings in the BR2.

A

Anonymous

A good idea would be to look at the price you're paying for each of the components. If they are relatively similar then it's a good indication that you're on target (this is a very generalised strategy). If you're look at MA BR2s that are RRP 230 with a 6vs2 that's RRP 600 (prices off the top of my head) then you can easily see the discrepency. If you're looking for speakers on the cheaper end then maybe the B&W 685s would be good. Experimentation and demos are the best way to find what works for you. An idea of your budget would also be great to help with recommendations.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Beta4Me:A good idea would be to look at the price you're paying for each of the components. If they are relatively similar then it's a good indication that you're on target (this is a very generalised strategy).

I tend to agree to a point, however I'm using a preowned Naim pre/power (original retail around £3k) with RS6s (retail £600) and the sound is fantastic - I don't know if I would get better sound by using a 1.5k amp and £1.5k speakers...

I think once you get to a point, amplification needs more cash than speakers, but in the case of the BR2s, I agree that they by far are weakest link there.

A

Anonymous

Demo them is the best answer the BR2's can handle much more expensive components well so who knows

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts