Cyrus 6VS2 Problems

mcjwalters

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
My Cyrus 6 is biwired to a pair of Monitor Audio BR5. The amps cuts out at around 45% of the full volume. I know the amp has a protection system but really annoying. Should I be looking at new speakers with more grunt or a new amp. Service from Cyrus is around £225, so now more then the amp is worth. The amp also runs very hot after 30 mins of playing. It has around 30cm of space around it for ventilation and I have moved it into open space but still gets very hot.

james_LR90

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Amplifier. The 6VS2 is, I believe, only 40 watts. The speakers aren't over demanding, so assuming you like the Cyrus sound, depending on budget, I'd start with the 8VS2 (70 watts per channel).

A friend at work has the 8VS2 and said it does on occasion run hot and cut out.

james_LR90 said:
plastic penguin said:
Amplifier. The 6VS2 is, I believe, only 40 watts. The speakers aren't over demanding, so assuming you like the Cyrus sound, depending on budget, I'd start with the 8VS2 (70 watts per channel).

A friend at work has the 8VS2 and said it does on occasion run hot and cut out.

Think all amps will struggle if you take them out of the comfort zone. Generally the cut out is preceeded by clipping. And if an amp clips for too long it'll damage the speakers, so 70 watter shouldn't, in theory, need to be cranked up so much.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts