customising the appearence of my ms speakers... is this possible?

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
i have the ms 916i speakers, and am wondering if it would be at all possible to paint the shiny cover on the front (is it called a baffle?). i leave the black grills on as i really dont like the look of the speakers with them off, far to shiny for my liking.

what i'm wondering is - is it possible to remove the baffle? and if so - is it possible to paint them black? i feel this would look much better against the aluminium drivers. what kind of paint would i have to use? i presume sparaying them would be the only way to get a good finish?

thanks for any advice!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, the people from Audio Partnership have been known to answer here, so maybe they will be along to advise. But if I recall correctly, the way the speakers are built could mean some serious disassembly will be involved to remove the baffle moulding for painting.

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
thanks andrew. i contacted ms this morning and the silver baffle can be removed by removing the lugs that hold the grills on and prizing it carefully off with a flat screwdriver or blade. but it is stuck on and could cause damage while trying to remove it.

ah well, that's the end of that idea. i still think it would look good in black though, same with the 902i's, maybe one day they'll take the idea and blach black-baffle versions :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts