Cusat 50 Interconnect Lead

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Its a very good, low noise cable. Graham Slee is a very talented engineer and bases his products on sound engineering (no unnecessary frills, bells or whistles), which is good peace of mind IMO. Very good choice with phono stages as well due to low noise design.

A

Anonymous

How would a Cusat 50 compare to a Chord Chameleon Silver Plus ?

A

Anonymous

audioaffair said:
Its a very good, low noise cable. Graham Slee is a very talented engineer and bases his products on sound engineering (no unnecessary frills, bells or whistles), which is good peace of mind IMO. Very good choice with phono stages as well due to low noise design.

From what I can see from this guys website his headphone amplifiers have very high levels of distortion and are not very linear as a result. I built an headphone amplifer using a NE5532 opamp and a simple class A output, this produced about 0.001% distortion at 100mW into 32ohms across the audio band upto 20KHZ with ease. And this isnt trying very hard. His so called ultra linear headphone produced about 0.04% distortion at about 35mW which is very poor. Plus this thing sells for £514.85. I built mine for about £30 pounds and you can buy a decent headphone amp with 0.001% distortion for about £100. The other products dont look like much cop either performance wise.

I am not sure what you mean when you say his cables are low noise. Cablesn are passive devices so dont produce any noise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts