Creek EVOs & EPOS M12.2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have heard from a mate that this combo is an absolute winner. Does that fit in with views from the forum? It seems matching equipment is a bit of a dark art. Was sorry to read of someone else’s disappointment with their all five star rated ROKSAN setup. Are there any standout combinations I should audition at the Creek + EVO price point? Cheers SD

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello scotty-dog,creek and epos is very nice as is rega with epos or their own r1 and r3 speakers,rotel and b&w seem to go together well.moving up the scale naim and neat are quite magical and epos speakers where favourd by naim owners many moons ago so i would imagine that's still the case also a little dark horse comes from mordaunt short speakers as there is a connection with the designers of creek and epos and i believe naim but i'm not 100% on that one.when it comes to five star products the good folk of whf have a listening room that is as close as possible to most peoples average room but is probably better optimised for conducting tests so a five star product in their room may only sound like a 3 or 4 star product in our rooms or in fact the other way around (perhaps claire or andrew can enlighten us on this) the only way to tell is to have a listen at your dealers and if he is very good let you have a home demo.i believe that the joy of hi-fi is going out and having a listen to different gear and trying to aspire to the sound we want,but it takes time and money so a demo is critical but above all else it's a hobby and hobbies should be fun.

A

Anonymous

The Creek EVO are excellent, I'd take them over the likes of Cambridge anyday, better build,smoother operation, more responsive buttons and above all a far better sound, they will go extremely well with the Epos speakers, stick some DNM cables into the mix and be one happy chappy.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, I'll try to set up an audition somewhere....

The current system offer at Superfi for Creek EVO Amp & CD looks tempting. Not a lot more than a Marantz PM/CD6002 combo.

A

Anonymous

I obviously missed something with the Creek Evo... Yes the sound was great... This with new Wharfdale 9.1's...

However, yes possibly I'm not hifi enough here but the absence of tone controls, a balance control and the ability to play records, was a little too purist for me.

Okay a switch would have allowed me to to to rudimentary balance and apparantly one doesn't/shouldn't need bass and treble controls.. Also, another 60-70 quid would also allow me to play what vinyl I have.

However, irrespective of that the Creek remote control really does leave a lot to be desired. The buttons are both almost pins and are recessed also...

Cosmetic yes, but the Creek is deeper than every other piece of my equipment and what with the lead in the back, everything on the shelf has to sit forward. Indeed, the shelf/rack had to sit forward from the wall by an extra couple of inches

Okay, perhaps not in the same league, but the Nad and even the Denon I've found excellent.. Yes, yes I would like gold plated sockets as the Creek has. I shouldn't have sent the Creek back I suppose, or should have paid more on the exchange amp...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts