Creek EVO50

khas

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Creek EVO50A good amplifier for heavy metal music(Metallica,InFlames,Norther etc) ?

with my Monitor Audio SilverRX6?or buy Epos for Creek?Epos good for metal rock?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure it is but I don't play heavy metal or have Monitor Audio SilverRX6s. Epos I found to be slightly on the bright side for my hearing on jazz. I would consider a Roksan Kandy for that type of music. Are you using cd, vinyl or streaming?

Don't get me wrong I thought the Creek was a great amp but just think there maybe better options for that genre of music.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
khas said:
BigH said:
I'm not sure it is but I don't play heavy metal or have Monitor Audio SilverRX6s. Epos I found to be slightly on the bright side for my hearing on jazz. I would consider a Roksan Kandy for that type of music. Are you using cd, vinyl or streaming?

Don't get me wrong I thought the Creek was a great amp but just think there maybe better options for that genre of music.

thx!

i use CD and PC(ASUS Essence STX)!

ok!but what do you say about Naim 5CI or Rega Elex R?or Exposure 2010s2?for heavy metal and other music!the acoustics of the MA will be replaced with the amplifier that will be selected!

Not familiar with those amps apart from the Rega which I was underwhelmed by but could have been the speakers and/or room. Dali speakers are recommended by some that play that type of music. Best thing is to have some demos. Everyone's taste is different. Look at Blacksabbath's set up, he has Yahama and Dali.

khas

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
BigH said:

thx!

i use CD and PC(ASUS Essence STX)!

ok!but what do you say about Naim 5SI or Rega Elex R?or Exposure 2010s2?for heavy metal and other music!
the acoustics of the MA will be replaced with the amplifier that will be selected!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The Creek is a good Amp and how good it is for Heavy Metal will depend on:

- Your preference

- How it sounds with the speakers it's matched with (which again comes down to your taste).

I would also list Rega, Arcam and possibly Croft.

Can you go and listen to a variety of choices?....as it needs to be your ears that decide, not ours.

rainsoothe

Hi. Heavy metal you say? Naim it is. But do audition more stuff. Imo the Evo 50 is too light on it's feet for... well, any kind of music. The Evo 100 though might be worth looking into. Arcam would be a great second choice for my taste, and Hegel, Exposure or Roksan should also be on your list.

insider9

rainsoothe said:
Hi. Heavy metal you say? Naim it is. But do audition more stuff. Imo the Evo 50 is too light on it's feet for... well, any kind of music. The Evo 100 though might be worth looking into. Arcam would be a great second choice for my taste, and Hegel, Exposure or Roksan should also be on your list.
Agree and for Naim Epos works very well. Other speakers I'd consider not necessarily with Naim are Dynaudio, DALI and Focal.

Also add these amplifier brands to mix Leema, Densen and Hegel.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I had a Creek EVO50 amp briefly last year, but returned it after a month. I've had my Epos speakers for over 5 years now and had various amps driving them in that period, including an earlier Creek model (5350). The Creek EVO50 It is a lovely amp in most respects, build, looks, functionality etc. but ultimately I found it quite dull and lifeless. At the time I also had a pair of 40W NVA mono amps, and when I plugged them in directly after listening to the Creek, the difference was considerable. For pure sound there was a world of difference between the NVA and Creek, the NVA winning hands down. Of course with NVA power amps there are other factors to consider, such as an additional pre-amp, no remote control, no headphone socket, the need for NVA cables etc., hence the reason I no longer have NVA and have the lovely Marantz PM8005 doing a sterling job.

khas

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
thx!

I will choose between Naim Nait 5i(5si)and Roksan Kandy K2!

and Roksan L3 is very different from K2, there is an opportunity to buy?

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi I have the Creek Evo 50, I auditioned this against the Rega and the Naim, says it all really, but you should audition with your speakers if you can, I liked the other amps but the creek ticked all the boxes, I listen to metal but not on a grand scale, my preference is classic rock and progressive, I have Tannoy DC 6T speakers but I would imagine the monitor audios to sound nice with the Creek which I must say I have no desire to upgrade.

Personally I would buy an amp based purely on how it performs with one genre of music. Mostly this will be dictated by your speakers. The Creek is an excellent all rounder, the 100A even more so, and you might find, over the years, your musical preferences change. Mine did.... :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts