Creek Evo vs C352

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has a Creek Evo integrated, and wondered how good it is, particularly compared with something in a similar price range like NAD's C352. I have heard great things about the Evo but it hasn't got any blistering reviews anywhere. Anyway I would like some opinions, thinking regardless of price, and no advice about auditioning, I will do that but I would like some other opinions first! Thanks!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I have this amp. It is superb - even though I am using a Denon dvd player as a cdp - been waiting for my new player and have had problems. I also link Sky HD up with some Chord Crimsons. Fantastic clear, precise sound from music channels, radio, Jools on BBC HD etc., The Evo is very powerful to - it is effortless and you will never need to go past 45 on the dial (it goes up to 80). By the way, I use MA RS6 speakers. here are a couple of reviews that did rave and let me also tell you that the infamous Thaiman, currently holidaying, loves the Evo too. http://www.tech.co.uk/home-entertainment/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-amps-and-receivers/review/creek-evo http://www.avreview.co.uk/news/article/mps/UAN/1472/v/3/sp/ Another couple of points, the WHF review was of the Evo as a £495 machine. The second review I have attached have it as £595. I got mine before Christmas for £299 from Superfi! They have since upped the price back up but I think you can get it for £350-£375. Bargain!

A

Anonymous

Gerrald, I remember you considering Pioneer A6/A9 sometime back. Could you tell me why you didn't go ahead with A6/A9 and opted for Evo?

Thanks in advance bro.

A

Anonymous

Cheers that was very helpful! Just two more questions: firstly, when you crank up the volume, what s the bass like? Is it at all dry, and is it quick or slightly muddy or otherwise? Also does the quality of the sound diminish at low (to very low) volumes? Is there still bass presence?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
For me the bass is the standout plus point of the Evo. It is as tight as Rod Stewart! The sound quality is excellent at low volumes, it's like the amp is not even trying until you hit 35 on the dial and that's fairly loud.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Good memory! I was indeed. The A9 was a little out of my price range, the A6 was top of my list until I found the Evo. The thing for me was the power. I live in a detached house and the RS6s can go a bit. I was a little worried that 45w per channel wasn't going to give me enough. The Evo does 85wpc. In the end I am very glad as I received the A6s cdp brother the other day. I had waited 6 weeks to pair it with the Evo and it arrived and was grey! I ordered black and got grey. I think that this is the actual colour but everyone seems to advertise it as black. I am now back to the drawing board. I have ordered a cheaper player the Denon DCD700ae. I've read some good comments and will try it out at home and send it back if need be. I was going to go for the CD6002 but there is something about it I don't like. The Evo should make either sing though as I am very happy with the sound that I'm getting at the moment using a Denon DVD1940!

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi mate ..I cant really answer which is best as i have not heard the Evo, But i have a C352 so sorry i cant answer you question but if it helps I can tel you the C352 is A cracking amp...its has great timing , stereo imaging i guess you know that from reviews but i must say the best thing is the power its rated at 80w per channel but you will be amazed at its grunt.. big bass always in controll and its a very musical amp...its not the best looking amp but its well made has plenty of features and its ready for future upgrade as you can add a power amp if required as the pre amp can be seperated....
Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Thanks that was all very helpful. I think I will be going for an Evo at some point unless the C355 turns out to be something special but it's a shame it's up to 425GBP on Superfi now considering it was down at 299 over Christmas.

A

Anonymous

Oh also, Gerrardasnails, is there any chance you could upload a photo, because you have the black version I believe and I can't find a picture of the black finish on the internet :)

John Duncan

Oooo shiny. Was worried it would have green writing on it like previous black Creek amps
emotion-1.gif

You don't happen to have a phono stage in it do you?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Sorry John, I am new to this game! Phone stage? It has an input for phono/aux, is that what you mean? Sorry to sound ignorant. ps. It's not shiny in reality - that was the camera's flash making it look like that. It does look much nicer than the silver ones.

John Duncan

Yes sorry, an input for a turntable - however by default Creek amps do not have the extra board installed which is required to turn the Aux input into one suitable for a turntable's lower output. But you've answered my question I think!

Cheers

JD

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts