creek audio cd and amp - any good

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking at a second stereo system to make the most of my PMC DB1's and have an option on a Creek evo original amp and CD for about the price you'd pay for the latest Marantz 6003 combo

The Creeks are ex demo, mint with two year warranty . Just want to know if this is a ) a good deal b) a potentially good sound ie better than buying new c) if there are better ex demo combos out there for 600 ish - maybe in the Arcam or Rega or Roksan world ?

Any advice welcome ... I'm a catholic in music ie universal genres - with a leaning towards classical, jazz and pop

A

Anonymous

l had the same said combo a while ago.

Sounds like a reasonable deal money wise.

For me, though the amp was a good all round powerful piece of kit, the CD was a little to rounded for my liking; not forward enough.

However, l have no experience of recent PMC 'speakers so maybe this would influence the laid back sound.

Magnum Opus:

I'm looking at a second stereo system to make the most of my PMC DB1's and have an option on a Creek evo original amp and CD for about the price you'd pay for the latest Marantz 6003 combo

The Creeks are ex demo, mint with two year warranty . Just want to know if this is a ) a good deal b) a potentially good sound ie better than buying new c) if there are better ex demo combos out there for 600 ish - maybe in the Arcam or Rega or Roksan world ?

Any advice welcome ... I'm a catholic in music ie universal genres - with a leaning towards classical, jazz and pop

Tested the latest generation of DB1is a few months ago with my Arcs and it sounded sweet. However, when pushed the Arcs weren't dynamic enough to make the most of the bass/mid-range driver. The PMC's really do need to be pushed well (high quality amp, I mean), having not heard the EVO with these speakers I couldn't give a definitive recommendation. The Kandy, on the other hand, should sound the "bees knees".

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts