Crack in my iPad Air!!

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. My iPad Air has developed a crack in the corner running from outside edge to outside edge of the white frame. Used it last night folded case over and....cracked this am!!

i have not dropped it ever...

what is the best course of action? I bought it from apple store online in March.

Deal with a store- humans and seeing the crack for themselves.

Deal with it online/phone- robots and having to send pictures probably..

seems to be quite common having a quick google.. People putting theirs on a table for 5mins returning and a crack appearing.

Anyway thought i would share.

John

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
<p>Well my ipad is on its way to glasgow, my wife is working through there today and going to drop into the apple store.  Fingers crossed i am going to get a replacement.  As mentioned before i read about various cases of the screen cracking on the apple user forum and there seems to be a wide variation in results from apple.  From giving an on the spot replacement to charging $250.  Some people took out Apple care, which i didnt.  </p><p>Going to tell the truth about what happened..  I treated that ipad very well.  Original ipad is still going strong despite being treated like a chopping board!!</p><p>John</p>

D

Deleted member 2457

john1000000boy said:
<p>Well my ipad is on its way to glasgow, my wife is working through there today and going to drop into the apple store.  Fingers crossed i am going to get a replacement.  As mentioned before i read about various cases of the screen cracking on the apple user forum and there seems to be a wide variation in results from apple.  From giving an on the spot replacement to charging $250.  Some people took out Apple care, which i didnt.  </p><p>Going to tell the truth about what happened..  I treated that ipad very well.  Original ipad is still going strong despite being treated like a chopping board!!</p><p>John</p>

Good luck. :)

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Gel. My faith with apple is unshaken. My wife took iPad to store having booked an appointment. Apple guy said no problem for a free replacement. He didn't state there was a problem but said he had another appointment for a similar problem.

Next decision- apple care or not??

thanks. John

D

Deleted member 2457

john1000000boy said:
Thanks Gel. My faith with apple is unshaken. My wife took iPad to store having booked an appointment. Apple guy said no problem for a free replacement. He didn't state there was a problem but said he had another appointment for a similar problem.

Next decision- apple care or not??

thanks. John

Nice one. :cheers:

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The cover glass on my iPad air is cracked. Fair enough I dropped it but Apple says on their website they wont replace damaged goods. How did you manage to get yours replaced?

D

Deleted member 2457

David@FrankHarvey said:
Sounds exactly like the crack I have in my iPad screen - top right, just a little corner piece...
My uncle has the same problem with his iPad 2.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts