Couple of questions...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HI, Material here,

Just wondering about a few things before I buy. Basically I was going to get the Cyrus cd6se and naim nait 5i... but now I'm having second thoughts. Why?... because I also have a turn table... not some expensive Godly one...well for the money it is to be honest (project genie mkII). Ive also got a pair of Roksan Rokone speakers, that I bought about 7 years back. They have similarities to the dynaudios, considering the soft dome tweeter and woofers, the size of my head. ( not quite that big, but still, you get the point) Basically they're some beefy speakers. ANYWAY back to the point at hand. I was wondering whether I could link the "The project phono boxII"(£60 more than enough for the project genie) to the back of the naim nait 5i???

So hopefully, when ive got my system it would go like this, Hopefully.

Sources: (Cyrus cd player and genie), going through nait amp. All played on Roksan speakers.

IF not, ill probably go for the cyrus 6vs2. My father has the same system. (cyrus cd6se and that amp over there <<<<<) and puts his project phono box into the back of the cyrus amp.

AAAny questions on anything I've said...then feel free to ask etc...ETC...CHEERS
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

the phono box is just a normal phono stage isn't it? it'll connect fine.

A

Anonymous

yes it is, i was just confused, is all. Because my fathers cyrus amp has the "aux/phono" input. But the Naim only has... i think, tape (in and out), tuner, cd and AV inputs.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
You want a Cyrus CD6SE with a Nait 5i amplifier.

Fine. Both good items. But why not exploit the 'same brand' synergy by getting either a Nait 5i and Naim CD5i system or an all Cyrus system?

A quick check on the web shows the RRP of a Cyrus CD6SE is £900 and the RRP price of a Naim CD5i is about the same (£895 according to Naim's April 2009 pricelist) so I assume you are not thinking of the Cyrus CD6SE just to keep costs down.

(Not only that, but both of Cyrus' current range integrated amps - 6XP and 8XPd - are more expensive at £900 and £1500 respectively than either of the two Naim Nait models at £765 and £1350 for the 5i and XS versions.)

Have you heard either of these products or combinations demonstrated?

[Edit] You will notice from my signature that I have no problems attaching a Turntable with phonostage, a CD player, a DAC and an FM tuner to my Nait 5i. You will have no problems either.

A

Anonymous

yes you have got a good point... well as I said i was going to go for the Cyrus cd6se and the cyrus 6vs2 (not the "XP" models), But then i heard that the nait 5i was better than the cyrus 6vs2... I know it may seem obvious, but... i cant go and test them out together. You see the 2 hifi shops that are in my area, dont like each other. as in they're big competitors. One sells naim audio and one sells cyrus.

Money is an issue... I'd rather not spend the OVER amount on products. (as in, when buying from 2 separate dealers, you cant get a "DEAL" as such). To be honest, From the cyrus shop I also wanted to go for his last Pioneer TV (KRL-37-inch LCD). And If anything, I would most likely go for the cyrus cd6se... because its the best cd player for under £1000, simple. Plus i like the sound of it.

Anyway, If I got the cyrus 6vs2 (£700) from the cyrus dealer asWELL... then i would be able to get some money off of everything as a whole. But if i went for the nait separately... I'd have to spend more in both shops...You see what im getting at??? Either way, in the end then, its down to this... what would team up better???

1. The cyrus cd6se and cyrus 6vs2 amp with my roksan speakers OR

2. The cyrus cd6se and the nait 5i amp with my roksan speakers ( now i know you probably dont know what the roksans are like so for get about those if you dont know them) ???? Cheers, Material

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Make it clear to both dealers that if you don't get to hear the exact combination that interests you, then neither of them get a sale !

Ask both to come up with a satisfactory solution and to phone you with details when they have sorted something out.

If that does not focus their collective minds to help you find the best system for you (not them), then neither are worthy of trading in this current economic climate. Your satisfaction - and their turnover - should be the priority not their petty and parochial dislike of the local competition.

A

Anonymous

that is quite true, but i must "close the deal" fast lol, simply because i want to get my hands on that pioneer as fast as possible , as you all know, the pioneer TV's are dying off
emotion-40.gif
and its going for a good price *thumbs up* (£600)... not bad i dont think...not bad at all lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts