Conservatory Surround Sound

blakenhall

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We are about to have a 4m x 4m Conservatory built and will eventually be installing a TV & Surround Sound System. Even though we will be having blinds installed the temperature inside can still get very hot during the summer. Can someone advise me on the following?

A) Will there be any adverse effect of the equipment?

B) What is the better TV for these conditions, LCD or Plasma?

C) 6.1 or 7.1 surround sound speaker setup?

Any advice will be appreciated!

A

Anonymous

Regarding the temperature I don't know ,it will be better to take care from humidity that will definetly affects all systems.

IF you are going to built something do it right first time so I suggest 7.1 system.

Plasma or LCD.??Plasma are being phased out from 52" down .Another important thing is that Plasma is at it's best at nearly total darkness and LCD will afford some ambient light .I hope that I've been of some help.Regards

blakenhall

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Many thanks for the prompt reply and advise, because of the light it looks like an LCD, possibly a Panasonic Freestat, depending of course on the What Hi-Fi reviews, and definitely a 7.1 system.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
You'll also have to take care with the acoustics, because all that glass could make the system sound harsh/brittle if you don't choose your electronics and speakers carefully.

blakenhall

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi Andy, thanks for the additional advice, the sound problem was mentioned to me a while back at Creative Audio in Shrewsbury. Even though purchasing the system is about 3 to 4 months away I'm considering the Onkyo SR605 with the Kef 5005.2's - awaiting your review on the speakers. I will then be able to listen to the various systems in the dealers demo room, but it isn't like sitting in a conservatory.

After 40 years working in a noisy clothing factory, my hearing isn't as sharp as it use to be, so any additional advice on choosing a system suitable for a conservatory would much appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts