Connecting Bluray to Hi Fi

cjscouse

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
i trying to connect a Sony Bluray player BDP-S5200 to my old 5 : 1 Hi fi system. The Bluray only Digital Coaxial connection & my Hi Fi only has AV. I purchased an AV converter and connected all the cables but it doesn't work. I looked at the Bluray manual and can't figure out how to set the audio up.

Peter Kudelstaart

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
You are saying that your receiver doesn't have any digital inputs, so it must be quite old. I personally didn't know these kind of AV-receivers existed. It will probably has RCA inputs for stereo sound. You can use a digital to analogue converter. Just google digital out to rca and you will find a number of items. You connect the digital out to the converter and standard RCA cables to the rca inputs on the back of your receiver. You will only have stereo sound though.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Lol.....

Anyway you'll struggle to connect your player to your amp. Without faff (spending)

If your tv has audio out you can connect the player directly to the tv via HDMI and the analog out to your amp.

This will give you stereo or 'old' Dolby surround , it'll mean using the dsp in the amp though.

Outside of that you can save yourself a headache bite the bullet and get yourself a new receiver with HDMI and coax in.

Check sites for outgoing models. Hopefully you can find a bargain or try eBay etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts