Compatability issues

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi for my birthday i was given a Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray player to go along with my Toshiba 47Z3030 TV, I bought a Wireworld Island hdmi cable to connect with, following the sony's set up everything went well, it was only during loading/play of a blu-ray disc that i began to have some concerns. When i switch on the sony the menu screen comes up no problem but when i insert a disc the screen flickers a couple of times, turns blue then comes up with the film menu, it also does this if i try to use some of the extra features on a film. Playback of the film itself is fine even though some of the films playback options aren't available. I have spoken to Toshiba through their helpline and the retailer who have both told me it's not a problem and shoudn't cause any damage, so my questions are is this true and just two different makes interfacing , does anybody else have the same problems, is there a solution ?

Kind regards

Daljit

A

Anonymous

i have this on my projector when the signal changes. on the bdp-s550 its currently set to 1080i and blu ray discs are shown as such so no problem. DVD's however are still in SD as its seems not to upscale over component.

Anyhow... the screen goes blank while it's re-detecting the changed signal. Could be that what you are seeing is something similar. If so then it's certainly not a fault, but is a little off putting.

edit: also the blue screen is what i get on my Loewe when there's no signal which makes me think it's likely to be something like i described.

A

Anonymous

If it is coming on with the signal change as suggested above you could always change the screen background colour to black in the tv setting and it may not be so off putting. Thats only if you can't fix the problem of course.

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
It's just one of those things. PS2s do something similar, my Samsung DVD does something similar too.

You have answered your own question to some extent- the player and TV are just 'shaking hands' and getting in sync.

As for some of the playback options being unavailable, depending exactly what options you mean, it could be that certain modes are not supported by your current hardware, and the player 'greys them out' to save hassle.
If you can watch the discs in HD with no problems, then there is nothing to worry about. And you certainly won't knacker your telly.

Hope this helps a bit!

Jon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts