compability with 21:9 /64:27

Teddy77

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
can you tell me which Blu-Ray/DVD player is the best option for 21:9 / 64:27 movies playback on my 21:9 LG25UM65 monitor? for example there is the problem with subtitles display very often.......bottom line (-s) is cut off/gone...

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I've never heard of an aspect ratio of 64:27 ....... However, I can't understand why 21:9 films don't play perfectly on your 21:9 monitor. Unless of course, that subtitles are displayed beneath the bottom of the actual picture, in an area that would be seen on a more normal 16:9 monitor. In which case I think that the only solution is to buy a 16:9 monitor, which is a shame for you. The problem is not with the disc player, so changing that would not help. How long have you had your LG monitor?

Teddy77

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
.....just a few weeks.picture and films are no problem- film fits perfectly all the screen! subtitles (not always...) are!( when) with top line( subtitles) is never ... it comes mostly with bottom line (-s) of the subtitles....fortunately subtitles mostly take max. 2 lines......... I know they made disc player which solved the issue.....that's why I try find out which one is it?! I schouldn't put that 64:27 b/c is confusing ...sorry.It's so called true value ratio ,theory only!

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Sun_Shang_Xiang said:
You can move the subtitles with Oppo Blu-ray disc players.

Boy, am I glad now that I joined this discussion, because I have benefitted as much as Teddy77P! Sun_Shang_Xiang, thank you very much indeed! I have owned an Oppo BDP-95EU since August 2011, and today is the first time that I have tried the Subtitle Shift control. What makes my ignorance even worse is that my Oppo comes with a good old-fashioned paper manual, not with a newfangled CD, so there is no excuse for my not noticing this feature. Particularly as I often put the subtitles on, and with my Blu-Rays of Oblivion and The Cabin in the Woods, the subtitles are by default in the picture area (my televisions are 16:9). I prefer the subtitles to be below the picture area, so using Subtitle Shift I can now move the subtitles down! (Other Blu-Ray discs have the subtitles by default below the picture area, so I would leave those alone but Teddy77 would move them up to within the picture area.) So if Teddy77 gets an Oppo Blu-Ray player, we'll both be happy. To be safe though, I don't know if all Oppos have this feature, or whether it is on only the 95/105. And there may be other manufacturers that have this feature on their machines.

Teddy77

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
.....now I know finally: it's the Oppo one! maybe there are other ones as well? anyway ,there is also good news for me b/c I am going to buy Oppo105......and that idea came to me much before the "problem" started! to my discussion collegue: sometimes we don't know what we got......it happens also to me,from time to time..... well,I will shift the subtitles only when it will be necessary.....so, not always! I am glad I got right & fast answer thanx to you guys!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts